Premed 101 Forums

University Of British Columbia Class Of 2019

Adehad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was accepted last year, and applied for the new program this year too and we got our acceptances on the 22nd last year, which would work out to be this Thursday for this year. Also, my group at the interviews were told it could be up to four weeks so we just need to patient, as hard at that is.

I received my acceptance today as well. Is anyone clear on how to confirm your acceptance? The deadline is in a week.. But what I'm understanding is that we cannot accept our offer until the Student Services Centre registers our acceptance which could take a couple days?

I was accepted last year, and applied for the new program this year too and we got our acceptances on the 22nd last year, which would work out to be this Thursday for this year. Also, my group at the interviews were told it could be up to four weeks so we just need to patient, as hard at that is.

Just to clarify out of curiosity, did you complete year 1 of BScPharm only to apply to the E2P PharmD as well?

Just to clarify out of curiosity, did you complete year 1 of BScPharm only to apply to the E2P PharmD as well?

Nope, I live at home and attend a university quite a distance from UBC so logistically and financially it made more sense for me to stay home. I did another year of my biochem degree as a backup plan and reapplied just for the E2P, which may have been risky but I was confident I would be accepted again.

Hi bcftw123!

I don't know how much help I can be but I'll try!

1) Yes, one of the other people I know emailed the Senior Program Assistant, Ian Ayeras, and he told her that in order to be considered for an interview they look at your prerequisite marks and your last 30 credit hours. After having an interview, only the interview and pharmacy application/personal profile are used to determine your acceptance. They look at your final transcript only to ensure you've maintained a 65% average.

2) I've been accepted this year with a cumulative GPA of 3.55, prerequisite GPA of 3.52, and my last 30 credit hour GPA was 3.80. :)

As for your last question, I've never seen any information on how they would treat that situation so I really have no idea..

Hope that helps! :)

• 1 month later...

Afternoon Everyone!

After calling UBC Pharmacy to ask about competitive average statistics, turns out they have not complied the information yet.

Those of you here whom have been accepted, would you please post your (Pre-req Average GPA) and (Last 30 credits GPA)?

It'd be really helpful for those of us applying this year to have an idea of where the competitive average was on the last cycle :) :)

Thanks Everyone!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived