Premed 101 Forums

U Of A And Mcmaster Interview Invites For Pt

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does any one know how the waitlist works?

From my understanding, there are two pools, one for oop and one for ip. So those that reject the interview or do not respond by the deadline will be giving up their spot for those on the respective waitlist. The deadline to confirm interviews is April 8th for first round so second round offers would go out quickly after that

This may be a stupid question.. But if we've already received a rejection email, is there still a chance that we could be invited for an interview if enough people decline?

Actually, I do not think it is a stupid question. I also wondered the same thing. But I do not think we stand a chance since the they invite way more people for interviews than they are able to admit putting the rest on the waitlist. To make it to that waitlist, all those people have to decline for the rejected ones to have a shot. Logically anyways. But keep being hopeful. I know I am. 

@PsychOT

I know! I am so nervous. They said first week of April so it should be today right?

I think I checked my mailbox at least 10 times so far today. I'm sitting at 3.79 so if McMaster jumps like UofT did this year then .... no Bueno

By the way does anyone know if the invites for both OT and PT come out at the same time

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know...

I emailed Gillian Luff, the admissions assistant for PT at U of A inquiring about the cut-offs. She told me that the OOP province cut-off for this year for PT was 4.0 on a 4.0 scale! So AKA I am doomed for next year lol… She also told me that my sGPA calculated according to U of A was 3.79. Which makes me feel a bit better actually because I thought it was 3.85. Although I was very upset initially, trying to hit that perfect 4.0… I know that's near impossible for me. I'd be a complete basket case (my, I already am).

Keeping my head up to hear from McMaster today :)

They should be out today since the office will probably be closed tomorrow and Monday. Ugh the waiting game haha :(

This is was I was thinking. They'd for sure be closed for tomorrow (Good Friday) as well as Easter Monday. I don't think they'd torture us and make us wait until next week… Or would they... 

@PsychOT

I know! I am so nervous. They said first week of April so it should be today right?

I think I checked my mailbox at least 10 times so far today. I'm sitting at 3.79 so if McMaster jumps like UofT did this year then .... no Bueno

By the way does anyone know if the invites for both OT and PT come out at the same time

I really don't know if both come out at the same time, but it has to be today. Last year I read they came out on April 4th or the first Friday of April. Tomorrow is a holiday, so let's hope they don't make us wait! Are you applying to PT or OT? Either way, good luck!!!

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know...

I emailed Gillian Luff, the admissions assistant for PT at U of A inquiring about the cut-offs. She told me that the OOP province cut-off for this year for PT was 4.0 on a 4.0 scale! So AKA I am doomed for next year lol… She also told me that my sGPA calculated according to U of A was 3.79. Which makes me feel a bit better actually because I thought it was 3.85. Although I was very upset initially, trying to hit that perfect 4.0… I know that's near impossible for me. I'd be a complete basket case (my, I already am).

Keeping my head up to hear from McMaster today :)

Jeez, a 4.0 out of 4.0. That is very impressive and at the same time scary to hear. 

Do you know how many people received an invite for the interview? I wonder how many of those are for OOP and how many are for Alberta Residents.

And good luck with McMaster!

Archived