Premed 101 Forums

U Of A And Mcmaster Interview Invites For Pt

Just got my rejection e-mail from Mac PT.  :( Does anyone know if there will be a second round of interview invites? And when they would come out? Or is it safe to lose all hope now...

I read on another thread that last year someone got an interview rejection letter and then a week later got an interview invite so it's safe to say they do another round. I got mine this morning as well, there was some hope though, they did say " we can't offer you an interview at this time." so head up, if you're near the cutoff you might have a good shot at making second round.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my rejection e-mail from Mac PT.  :( Does anyone know if there will be a second round of interview invites? And when they would come out? Or is it safe to lose all hope now...

I got my rejection letter too. From the forums it seems like a bunch of people got invites below 3.85. The lowest I have seen is a 3.82 and someone else said they sent out invites up to 3.82. I guess if you are close to 3.82, you might have a chance after people decline interviews or do not respond. I believe the final date to reply by is April 15th. I am guessing at or a bit after this date, they may send out some more invitations.

I spoke with Pamela this morning, she said that the cutoff is now 3.82 but there is a delay sending invites because of conflicting times with the UofT CAP. She assured me I would receive an interview but it may not come until the15th. This is only because they can not give me a time that doesn't conflict with UofT. I have not received a rejection letter as of yet. People with GPAs close to 3.82 could still potentially receive an invitation close to the deadline to RSVP.

Any idea how many people got invited for the interview? And of those people that got asked, how many or out of province and how many are in province?

so far i have found out that about 300 people get invited for the interview for mac, BUT i am not sure if there is a select number of seats reserved for In province and select reserved for Out of Province.

I have also found out that only 15% of the seats for University of Alberta is reserved for out of province. there are 600 people that apply but I have no idea how many people get invited for the interview. But of those 600 people,110 people get accepted.

For toronto, 350 people get invited for the CAP and roughly 90 people get offered a seat. I am not sure how many seats are reserved for Out of province and how many are reserved for in province.

If anyone can shed further light, it would be greatly appreciated!

so far i have found out that about 300 people get invited for the interview for mac, BUT i am not sure if there is a select number of seats reserved for In province and select reserved for Out of Province.

I have also found out that only 15% of the seats for University of Alberta is reserved for out of province. there are 600 people that apply but I have no idea how many people get invited for the interview. But of those 600 people,110 people get accepted.

For toronto, 350 people get invited for the CAP and roughly 90 people get offered a seat. I am not sure how many seats are reserved for Out of province and how many are reserved for in province.

203 applicants are being interviewed at U of A - info straight from Gillian!

203 applicants are being interviewed at U of A - info straight from Gillian!

203 total!? So that means over half of the interviewees get accepted? Or is it 203 in province individuals? Or 203 OOP individuals? Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

Would anyone mind posting an invite e-mail?

Dear ....,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the Multiple Mini Interview Process, which serves as the final stage of assessment for admission to the Master of Science program in Physiotherapy at McMaster University. 

Your Physiotherapy interview will be held at the INSTITUTE FOR APPLIED HEALTH SCIENCES building (IAHS), McMaster University campus, and has been scheduled for:   

Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015

Time: 9:10 AM

IMPORTANT: You must arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled interview start time and check in with the Admissions Office staff on the third floor of the IAHS building.  All applicants will be required to complete a mandatory writing station in advance of the above scheduled interview time.

It is crucial that we know that you plan to attend this interview as scheduled. You must respond by completing the online acceptance form at: XXX

Dear ....,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in the Multiple Mini Interview Process, which serves as the final stage of assessment for admission to the Master of Science program in Physiotherapy at McMaster University. 

Your Physiotherapy interview will be held at the INSTITUTE FOR APPLIED HEALTH SCIENCES building (IAHS), McMaster University campus, and has been scheduled for:   

Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015

Time: 9:10 AM

IMPORTANT: You must arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled interview start time and check in with the Admissions Office staff on the third floor of the IAHS building.  All applicants will be required to complete a mandatory writing station in advance of the above scheduled interview time.

It is crucial that we know that you plan to attend this interview as scheduled. You must respond by completing the online acceptance form at: XXX

I have a sub GPA 3.82 :)

so far i have found out that about 300 people get invited for the interview for mac, There is NO select number of seats reserved for In province or Out of Province.

I have also found out that only 15% of the seats for University of Alberta is reserved for out of province. there are 600 people that apply 203 get invited for the interview. Of those 203 people,110 people get accepted.

Just a little update, (re-edited the above statement i bit)

Main thing I wanted to change was McMaster has no select number of seats reserved for OOP or IP. Pamela just messaged me saying, "if all 300 interview spots are filled by OOP then that is how it will be."

I finally got an interview for Mac PT too. My sGPA is at 3.81. Pamela told me she has no more interview spots that would not conflict with the uoft CAP exam, so originally I did not receive an interview and gave me the option to choose between Mac and UofT. Then I contacted UofT explaining to them my situation, so they scheduled me for an earlier sitting. So after several weeks of worrying, eveything worked out :). Good luck to all who have interviews/CAPs this weekend!

How is everyone feeling after completing the MMI? 

Had my Mac MMI on Friday and I don't think it went very well unfortunately :(. It was my first MMI ever, so it definitely took me a bit by surprise, even after speaking to a lot of people, but I think it's really a personal experience that you just need ot go through once to really understand. So we'll see what happens on May 15th! 

I think it went better than last year for me. I felt a lot better with my answers. Hopefully it was what they were looking for. I think the written portion was my weakest point by far.

I feel the same about the written. For the first two minutes I was contemplating what I was going to write and after I was just about finished one question i get the two minute warning and haven't even started the second. 

At least now I will be more prepared for next year.

Archived