Premed 101 Forums

Subject Line In Acceptance/rejection/waitlist Email

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell us what the subject header for Mac med emails looks like? For instance, does an offer of admission email say that in the subject, or is it very vague and say something like 'application results' or something like that? 

I know...I'm being crazy.  I can't help it.  We're so close! 

LOL

It won't even matter, your brain's probably gonna go into a haze the second you see that email from mac. You'll click on it, read enough words to figure out what's happened but none of it will register for a while.

lol this was literally me the last time I applied.

Last year there was something wrong with the email system, and I think the acceptances went out ok, but then people started getting malformed emails, then acceptance emails started going out to everyone who applied to mac, even those who really were rejected, and even those who didn't get interviews... they shut the thing down and then sent out an email saying ignore all previous emails and then finally got emails out to everyone by like 4:00 pm. Caused a lot of trauma, I'm sure.

Last year there was something wrong with the email system, and I think the acceptances went out ok, but then people started getting malformed emails, then acceptance emails started going out to everyone who applied to mac, even those who really were rejected, and even those who didn't get interviews... they shut the thing down and then sent out an email saying ignore all previous emails and then finally got emails out to everyone by like 4:00 pm. Caused a lot of trauma, I'm sure.

This would probably cause me to hold off at least for a few hours to tell anybody either way on May 12....

I'm thinking the reverse... because of the incident last year, I am fairly confident that Mac would be alot more vigilant this year to prevent this sort of incident. There is still a chance that it could happen, but I think it will be much less since the admissions committee would probably make the IT department (or whoever is responsible) double and triple check the email delivery system the day before. I know that if I were part of the AdCom I would definitely want to do my best to make sure the same type of mistakes do not occur twice in a row.

It is so odd that its always the most important emails ever that end up getting bungled. I get emails from my university all the time and theres never a mistake, but when its important like an admissions letter... well cue mistakes :P 

Did you get in with that email with the subject "MD Application Results"?

I actually think that mac is usually pretty clear about the contents of the email from the subject header. it often has "offer of admission". I believe last year was an exception because they emailed applicants the night before and told them to videotape themselves while opening the letter. so they may have wanted to preserve some suspense? 

There were actually 3 emails last year.

3YFomHQ.png

Very first email (at the bottom) was delivered at 8:37AM EST

2nd email at 1:46PM EST

3rd email at 2:55PM EST

Just looking at that email in your inbox makes me all excited and I can imagine how you must have felt when you saw it too. I hope I get to see such a glorious thing in my inbox on Tuesday.

Archived