Premed 101 Forums

Should I Respond To Western Now Or Wait

Hello,

I got into Western OT and waitlisted for Western PT.

They need to hear an answer for Western OT in two weeks but they might not tell me if I got in from the waitlist until August 31st.

If I'm not getting into PT I'd list to enter OT. But if I pick OT does that mean I come off the waitlist for PT?

Sorry but this doesn't help.

Its possible to be interested in two career paths. Its not like OT and PT and completely different, both careers have similar values and missions.

Having a small preference between the two careers is not wrong either. 

Very well said. I am in the Western OT program, trust me, don't use it as a back up plan. You won't make it. If PT, is you're desire then go the PT route. If you don't make it this year, try and try again. If you don't know what OT is then I strongly suggest not taking a spot from a student who truly wants to get into this great program

Very well said. I am in the Western OT program, trust me, don't use it as a back up plan. You won't make it. If PT, is you're desire then go the PT route. If you don't make it this year, try and try again. If you don't know what OT is then I strongly suggest not taking a spot from a student who truly wants to get into this great program

Do you have any idea when we will hear about our position on the waitlist ?? It said we will not get a number but we will receive more information. Could you shed any light on that ?

Thanks !

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you accept an offer you would remove yourself from the waiting list from that DISCIPLINE

PT and OT are different disciplines I would assume but make sure to call and find out

That's how I understood that also.

Do you have any idea when we will hear about our position on the waitlist ?? It said we will not get a number but we will receive more information. Could you shed any light on that ?

Thanks !

Wait lists depend entirely on people accepting positions and once the positions are filled that's it. There is no specific timeline. I wasn't wait listed but my roommate was and she got notified in June

Wait lists depend entirely on people accepting positions and once the positions are filled that's it. There is no specific timeline. I wasn't wait listed but my roommate was and she got notified in June

Notified in June of her position on the waitlist or her acceptance into the program?

• 2 months later...

Archived