Premed 101 Forums

U Of A Dds Class 2019 Acceptance/wait Listed

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think based on your scores you should be getting one too! Do you live in Edmonton? If not, they might be taking longer to arrive.

Well according to admissions there are two cycles. I guess I'll be in the July group. So, more waiting!

And congrats guys! Hope I'll be joining you in fall.

Hey guys,

Congrats on everyone getting accepted!

I've been thinking about applying to dentistry at the U of A but my GPA is in the 3.7s. I don't know if I have a shot at an interview or acceptance at this school (with the 3.9s I see everywhere on this thread). Do you think I should I bother writing the DAT this November?  -_-

Thanks !  ;)

Question to anyone who got acceptance letters so far, did your bear tracks portal change so that it no longer says decision pending? And are you guys all in Edmonton or surrounding areas? 

No it still says decision pending. Apparently it doesn't change until August-ish. And yes, most of the people I know that got accepted are in the Edmonton. area

Does anyone know if any OOP have been accepted?

I haven't gotten anything in mail or notice

My oGPA is 3.97

interview is 40/49

DAT- carving = 28, MDT= 19, RC= 23

Total= 70

Here's hoping they send something my way

Also beartracks has yet to update they received my most recent transcript

Thanks!

Does anyone know if any OOP have been accepted?

I haven't gotten anything in mail or notice

My oGPA is 3.97

interview is 40/49

DAT- carving = 28, MDT= 19, RC= 23

Total= 70

Here's hoping they send something my way

Also beartracks has yet to update they received my most recent transcript

Thanks!

Wow, with those scores I'm sure you don't have to worry about acceptance!! Maybe mail is just taking longer since you live further away? However, since your updated transcript hasn't been received yet, you will likely be notified in the next round of acceptances. The deadline for those currently accepted is June 8, so the next round should be "soon".

Wow, with those scores I'm sure you don't have to worry about acceptance!! Maybe mail is just taking longer since you live further away? However, since your updated transcript hasn't been received yet, you will likely be notified in the next round of acceptances. The deadline for those currently accepted is June 8, so the next round should be "soon".

Hmm OK. I guess I'll have to wait till July

Does that put me to any disadvantage that they haven't looked over my most recent transcript?

Thanks!

Hmm OK. I guess I'll have to wait till July

Does that put me to any disadvantage that they haven't looked over my most recent transcript?

Thanks!

I don't think so, there are other people who haven't received their offers yet, although they have very competitive scores. From some of the info other people have posted, it seems that only some people are notified of acceptance (aka not all 30 spots are filled all at once), whereas some other people say that the first round is already enough to fill the class. You might want to call the admin office and confirm on this.

Not sure about mail, but I handed my form to the office in person. My status on beartracks changed from decision pending to admitted.

Same here. I handed everything in yesterday at the office and my status changed to admitted today.

Hey Congrats to all those that gained admissions into the DDS program ! 

I received an interview for the DDS in march and still haven't heard anything yet ! 

My stats are : GPA: 3.85 

DAT: 64 

Interview: 29 

I was wondering for those that did very well for the interview, how did you practice ? I really never had much time ( 1-2 weeks) to prep for it, but I still didn't find enough resources to help me out. Any tips on how to increase interview mark  (in case I don't get in this year) would be awesome. 

Hey Congrats to all those that gained admissions into the DDS program ! 

I received an interview for the DDS in march and still haven't heard anything yet ! 

My stats are : GPA: 3.85 

DAT: 64 

Interview: 29 

I was wondering for those that did very well for the interview, how did you practice ? I really never had much time ( 1-2 weeks) to prep for it, but I still didn't find enough resources to help me out. Any tips on how to increase interview mark  (in case I don't get in this year) would be awesome. 

Hey, I wrote this post a while back on interview/prep tips, check it out if you are interested :)

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/84162-interview-prep-tips/

• 2 weeks later...

hey all!

Does anyone have any insight into the faculty of Dentistry at UofA?

I am waiting on the july letters and have an offer at another university

Just looking for some unbiased reflection on their program to make a insightful decision

Thanks! 

I've heard the rest of the letters (rejection, acceptance, and wait list) go out first week of July

Ok just wondering since I heard second hand info of someone getting a rejection letter who had an interview, but I wasn't sure if it was true!

Archived