Premed 101 Forums

Referees On Omsas

Hey everyone,

Do you have to fill out all 3 referee's information before you can download the confidential assessment forms, or is it possible to print out the forms if one referee's details are not yet completed? The reason I am asking is because one of my potential referees is on vacation, and I won't be able to confirm with her for a few weeks. In the mean time, I wanted to send my CAFs to my other 2 referees.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Wait sorry, so you gotta download the ref form and hand the form to each of your LORs? 

Do the refs then personally mail out a) the form, and B) the letter that they draft you, to OMSAS? *scratches head*

I would get yourself checked for lice.

Also, yes. You download the form and then either print it out and hand it to them (make sure that your hands aren't covered with chocolate first) or e-mail them the PDF so they can print it out (ask them not to do so if their hands are covered with chocolate). They complete it and mail it with the letter directly to OMSAS, the address is provided on the form. Hope this helps.

I would get yourself checked for lice.

Also, yes. You download the form and then either print it out and hand it to them (make sure that your hands aren't covered with chocolate first) or e-mail them the PDF so they can print it out (ask them not to do so if their hands are covered with chocolate). They complete it and mail it with the letter directly to OMSAS, the address is provided on the form. Hope this helps.

Is the deadline for both to be in the OMSAS office October 1st? I am getting conflicting information with some people saying only the CAF is due then and the LOR can go out later.

Why would they not be sent in the same envelope? I'd say both Oct 1 but it never occurred to me that they would be sent separately

Yea that makes sense. If you've done this before, have you set a deadline say a week prior to Oct 1 to ensure that your referees get the documents out and are received by October 1st?

Yea that makes sense. If you've done this before, have you set a deadline say a week prior to Oct 1 to ensure that your referees get the documents out and are received by October 1st?

Last cycle I asked my references on Sept 1st. I reminded them again on ~8th and again on ~15th. One of them got it in on time, another got it in 2 weeks late and the third never sent it in. You should be asking them right now and lying about when it's due. There is likely a processing time once it arrives and you don't want to **** around with your application. Luckily I was only applying to 1 school feeling out the process, and this was the biggest lesson that I learned. The idea of pestering someone who is doing a favour for you is distasteful to me, but absolutely necessary. 

Archived