Premed 101 Forums

2009 Ada Dat Practice Test

Has anyone ordered the 2009 DAT test? Is it helpful/relevant to the Canadian DAT? I've heard a lot of good reviews about it but all from people who've done the american DAT, so I wanted to know what you guys think!   :)

It's useful for some sections and not so much for others. For example it's very useful for the biology, chemistry, and PAT (I scored very close on that compared to my real exam). However it's utterly useless for the reading section since literally every answer to the questions on the Canadian DAT was within the passage. You literally did not even have to stop and think, just find the answer in the passage and circle it hence why everyone uses "search and destroy" on the Canadian DAT. So the reading section in the CDA manual doesn't represent what you will see on the Canadian DAT, just be aware of that. 

It's useful for some sections and not so much for others. For example it's very useful for the biology, chemistry, and PAT (I scored very close on that compared to my real exam). However it's utterly useless for the reading section since literally every answer to the questions on the Canadian DAT was within the passage. You literally did not even have to stop and think, just find the answer in the passage and circle it hence why everyone uses "search and destroy" on the Canadian DAT. So the reading section in the CDA manual doesn't represent what you will see on the Canadian DAT, just be aware of that. 

Thats really good to know! I was really worried about the RC. And I'll be getting the 2009 test just to practice biology, GC and PAT. Its just that ordering it seems like a hassle, why wouldn't they accept online payments?! :unsure:

Archived