Premed 101 Forums

If I am understanding this correctly, you are going into 3rd year? Most schools in Ontario, except Queens, only consider your last 10 full credits/courses (or 20 half credits/courses) in your GPA calculation. It is called the sGPA (sub gpa). Therefore, you have the next 2 years to do really well and get your GPA up there. It may be different in other provinces, but I am unfamiliar with those schools admission requirements. 

Hope this helps.  

cGPA requirements aren't too high so don't worry too much about your cGPA. sGPA matters much much more with regards to getting accepted. With your last two years focus on getting the highest possible grades and get some great experiences. Focus on a solid sGPA and written application. And obviously with better grades in the next two years your cGPA will rise a bit.

If you look at the accepted threads you will see many people with pretty low cGPAs and very very high sGPAs being accepted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with cashmere. I had a bad cGPA too...probably right around where you are and I brought it up to a 3.0 (I think that's the minimum requirement, especially with Queens...but it's been a while since I've looked into it so take it with a grain of salt). Anyways, sGPA is way more important so you have plenty of time. Just take as many bird courses as you can. As long as you have the pre-reqs, school don't really care what courses you've taken as long as your sGPA is high lol. I took mostly bird courses to boost my GPA and here I am in 2nd year at U of T. My advice is to aim for a 4.0 in all your classes to maximize your chances of getting in. In my year the lowest sGPA that got an invite to an interview was a 3.78 so study hard!! You can do it!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived