Premed 101 Forums

Mcat 2015 & Chances As Oop

Anyone have any speculation/information as to how UofM will compare the old MCAT scores with the MCAT 2015 scores?

I took the old MCAT (11.625 operative) and the new one. On their website it says they'll use the best operative MCAT score, but they're looking at the totals for the new MCAT so I'm not sure which one they'll use. Also I'm not sure if I have a chance as an OOP student with previous stats for the old MCAT, but with more and more people with higher old MCAT scores being accepted and a "limited" amount of seats for the new MCAT, is it worth it to apply?

Anyone have any speculation/information as to how UofM will compare the old MCAT scores with the MCAT 2015 scores?

I took the old MCAT (35, 11.625 operative) and the new one (517 overall). On their website it says they'll use the best operative MCAT score, but they're looking at the totals for the new MCAT so I'm not sure which one they'll use. Also I'm not sure if I have a chance as an OOP student with previous stats for the old MCAT, but with more and more people with higher old MCAT scores being accepted and a "limited" amount of seats for the new MCAT, is it worth it to apply?

You're on the fence, definitely apply, your chance for interview is 50-50.

For recent years, Manitoba interviewed 20s OOP with MCAT 37+, it's based on 72.7% MCAT and 27.3% aGPA on their 4.5 GPA scale.

I didn't know how to compare New MCAT and old MCAT at Manitoba this cycle, but you have both very good new MCAT and old MCAT, which put you on the fench for getting an interview, definitely apply.

I have a ~3.5 uGPA and a 522 MCAT (132/130/132/128).. any chance as OOP? I have a rural and PhD modifier.. thoughts?

Wow 522, with rural and PhD, definitely apply, the chance for interview in my opinion is better than 50%.

Your uGPA 3.5 will converted to Manitoba's 4.5 scale for 4.0~4.5 depending which university after dropped your worst 10 courses. If you are from McGill, your A is not 4.0, very likely is 4.5 since McGill don't have A+, a lot of applicants from McGill already interviewed by Manitoba and accepted recent years as OOP, since Manitoba published their interviewed OOP applicants aGPA are 4.2x to 4.5 2014-2015 cycle, I'm sure McGill's A is 4.2 to 4.5, and very likely is 4.5.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Wondering if you guys think a 518 on the MCAT (129/127/130/132) with a perfect GPA meet the cut offs for OOP at Manitoba?

So based on the tables provided by AAMC, a 518 is the 97th percentile.  A 36 on the old MCAT is also the 97th percentile.

You are probably on the lower edge of inviteable (probably not a word) MCAT scores, but a perfect GPA will likely make up for that.  I think you have a good shot.

So based on the tables provided by AAMC, a 518 is the 97th percentile.  A 36 on the old MCAT is also the 97th percentile.

You are probably on the lower edge of inviteable (probably not a word) MCAT scores, but a perfect GPA will likely make up for that.  I think you have a good shot.

Thank you for your response. I really regret not applying this year :( I hope I have a shot next year when I apply again

Archived