Premed 101 Forums

The Casper Crash Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely not continuing after receiving that notification. Nothing against anyone who chose to continue because I understand why you would but wouldn't it make sense for them to have just shut down the 2pm test?? Because now you have another group of people who had an hour break then completed a few extra sections. How do you normalize results when you have some who completed without problems, some who completed after the delay, and some who did not complete and waited for further instructions? I cannot believe this is worth as much as my MCAT and GPA. 

I am definitely not continuing after receiving that notification. Nothing against anyone who chose to continue because I understand why you would but wouldn't it make sense for them to have just shut down the 2pm test?? Because now you have another group of people who had an hour break then completed a few extra sections. How do you normalize results when you have some who completed without problems, some who completed after the delay, and some who did not complete and waited for further instructions? I cannot believe this is worth as much as my MCAT and GPA. 

Yeah they just made the entire thing worst. No offense to those who did it, you guys do what you gotta do to increase your chances, but isn't it absurd that some group had 12 stations in one setting, one only 7-8, and the other had a break in between with some seeing the video/prompt with a ton of time to formulate answers? 

I ultimately decided to finish. But I thought my last 4 prompts were shit. You would've been correct with either decision imo. I would probably lean towards not continuing in retrospect, but I don't want this pending over my head. 

Again, I think the last 4 prompts definitely dropped my average.

Good luck everyone!

Yeah they just made the entire thing worst. No offense to those who did it, you guys do what you gotta do to increase your chances, but isn't it absurd that some group had 12 stations in one setting, one only 7-8, and the other had a break in between with some seeing the video/prompt with a ton of time to formulate answers? 

I went back and finished mine. It wasn't necessarily to increase the chances, I could've shot myself in the foot for all I know. I don't think the new ones I got were all that great, but I didn't want to sleep tonight thinking I could've gone back to see what the questions were :)

I do agree that the break helping people to formulate answers was unfair though and this whole thing is ridiculous because there's no fair way to mark this now.

If you do continue, there is no guarantee they will be counted or saved, as they clearly said all your responses before the crash have been automatically saved. But, the responses after that, may not be saved. I am not sure about this but if you do continue, what if that is counted as a whole other attempt, will that not be a setback? 

I was originally scheduled to write at 4PM EDT, which got pushed back to 5PM EDT and then pushed back again to 5:10PM EDT.. I think their clocks are off by a few minutes because at 5:08PM, the countdown showed 7 minutes remaining before the test starts which really makes it 5:15PM EDT. 

I have a commitment this evening, and couldn't start the test at 5:15 (or 5:10 according to takeCASPer.com). Leah said we could e-mail tomorrow to be accommodated. Is anyone else in the same boat?

If you do continue, there is no guarantee they will be counted or saved, as they clearly said all your responses before the crash have been automatically saved. But, the responses after that, may not be saved. I am not sure about this but if you do continue, what if that is counted as a whole other attempt, will that not be a setback? 

I don't think it will counted as a whole new attempt because so many of us went back to do it and the site crashed (not our fault). Anyways, I asked still and got this message from them:

That's alright. All responses will be saved. If responses are missing we'll contact you. 

Regards,

Jenny

I was originally scheduled to write at 4PM EDT, which got pushed back to 5PM EDT and then pushed back again to 5:10PM EDT.. I think their clocks are off by a few minutes because at 5:08PM, the countdown showed 7 minutes remaining before the test starts which really makes it 5:15PM EDT. 

I have a commitment this evening, and couldn't start the test at 5:15 (or 5:10 according to takeCASPer.com). Leah said we could e-mail tomorrow to be accommodated. Is anyone else in the same boat?

In regards to the time being off - this was the same situation I experienced with my 2PM test. I messaged my new friend Andy on the chat thing and he told me that they "stagger the start times to allow for a smooth transition into the test"

Archived