Premed 101 Forums

I believe it is safer to use OT for one of them and the full name for the other so that the reader does not have to work hard to differentiate. Also, whichever one you choose to use OT for, the first time you introduce it in the article, you should introduce it as eg. occupational therapy(OT) and then use OT the subsequent times you can use OT.hope this helps. 

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how strict the admission committees are about going over word or character limit? If I write 2 extra work or have 5 extra character than the limit will that be a big deal?

I wouldnt risk it. It can send the message that you are not able to follow instructions.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how strict the admission committees are about going over word or character limit? If I write 2 extra work or have 5 extra character than the limit will that be a big deal?

Try to restructure a couple of sentences to get it within word limit. every sentence can be rewritten in fewer words to convey the same message. am sure u can figure it out. 

I thought it would be better to write OT for occupational therapy and whenever I had to write about therapist, I wrote occupational therapist. That way the reader won't have to re-read the sentence to findout which I'm referring to.

sounds like a good plan. remember to define OT the first time u introduce it, all the besr

Archived