Premed 101 Forums

Parking For Uoft Residents?

I'm going through CaRMS right now for a 5-year specialty, and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about programs. For UofT, can residents buy a parking pass? I couldn't find any info, and the online orientation guide says nothing about parking.

This is particularly important for Sunnybrook. I had in mind to live in downtown near the major hospitals, but it seems I'd be looking at a 50-70min commute by TTC to Sunnybrook :(

There is a shuttle that runs between UHN and Sunnybrook that is free for students (and I'm pretty sure residents). The commute can be a hassle but definitely cheaper than parking and better than TTC. I don't know if passes are available for residents. Maybe a staff pass, but stilll pricey?

I commute to SBfrom downtown by TTC. I believe the shuttle is from WCH not UHN and for me it would take longer because I'd have to get myself to WCH.

You can get a slightly cheaper TTC pass through SB. I believe you can get a parking pass - I don't drive but some others do and they park at the hospital.

I'm going through CaRMS right now for a 5-year specialty, and I'm trying to learn as much as possible about programs. For UofT, can residents buy a parking pass? I couldn't find any info, and the online orientation guide says nothing about parking.

This is particularly important for Sunnybrook. I had in mind to live in downtown near the major hospitals, but it seems I'd be looking at a 50-70min commute by TTC to Sunnybrook :(

Each hospital does its own thing when it comes to parking.

If you live downtown, you can get to all of the downtown hospitals quite easily by foot or TTC.   Sunnybrook is the problem.

Parking for residents at SHSC is not cheap (~$100/month last time I checked, has probably gone up again).  There is a shuttle that runs from WCH and The Holland to Sunnybrook - free ride provided you have a Sunnybrook ID badge.   It runs from about 6am to about 6pm Monday to Friday.  Depending on your clinical committments, that may or may not be sufficient for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived