Premed 101 Forums

Am I Competitive For Pharmacy?

omnivore

Hi guys,

Would someone tell me whether I am competitive for pharmacy school in Canada? At the moment, I have a GPA of 3.74 from McGill. While I feel it is alright, I am not sure it is enough. Since I am a resident of Quebec, I am really OOP for all other provinces. So, I am rather nervous right now. Looking for honest truth here whether I have good chances at all those schools out of Quebec.

Thanks

UBC doesn't have a set number of seats for OOP (except in the case that they have to choose between two students, everything else being equal, they would pick the BC resident). As long as you have an average above 75% (which I assume you do), you have a high chance of getting interviewed. After the interview stage (MMI format), they do not look at your GPA anymore. They only look at the interview score and extracurricular activities post-interview. So I think as long as you do well at the interview, you have a high chance of getting into UBC pharmacy.

I think both UWaterloo and UofT also accept applicants from all provinces, but UofT does look at your GPA post-interview.

UBC doesn't have a set number of seats for OOP (except in the case that they have to choose between two students, everything else being equal, they would pick the BC resident). As long as you have an average above 75% (which I assume you do), you have a high chance of getting interviewed. After the interview stage (MMI format), they do not look at your GPA anymore. They only look at the interview score and extracurricular activities post-interview. So I think as long as you do well at the interview, you have a high chance of getting into UBC pharmacy.

I think both UWaterloo and UofT also accept applicants from all provinces, but UofT does look at your GPA post-interview.

Oh, that is nice to hear and very relieving. Do you know anything about other uni? How about Calgary? They said on their website that for OOP, the average is around 3.7. But, I'm not sure about it. So, if you have more information, I really appreciate it and I am sorry for imposing you too much.

So, guys, how about other universities?

I am sorry. I meant Alberta. I hope I will not be flamed out by other people for this mistake. But, how about U of Alberta?

Don't worry too much since you have 3.74 and their website outright says that 3.7 is the ballpark of OOP. Just take their words for it and try to kill their letter and interview, what else can you do or what else can we advise you to do? Sometimes, worrying too much and become so paranoid is not worth it.

Archived