Premed 101 Forums

Carms Results 2016

Absolutely it exists - that's the whole point why carms publishes their annual match statistics. 

Here's the table for 2015: http://www.carms.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Table_9_Active_CMG_Application_Counts_by_Discipline_English.pdf

Similar tables can be found for previous years since 1972.

That's the number of applicants to the discipline, not to the program. All we know from this cycle are program-level numbers of applicants and it's hard to extrapolate them out to the discipline-level numbers reported by CaRMS.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2016 at 0:07 AM, UnmatchedClub said:

This is essential and thank you for posting it.

When it happened to me I panicked because of the debt and just ranked everything. I matched to a program and specialty I was not happy with and am still not happy with.

If there is a specialty you really want to go into, sit out round 2 and make your application stronger. If your school is trying to convince you to go into family or another field like that, you don't have to do it. Those spots will be available next year too, and probably after. 

Get what you want. I wish someone had told me it was possible then. Now I'm telling you, if you are in that position. Don't give up.

Family Medicine is only 2 years. Why weren't you able to apply to a different residency after finishing family med residency?

Archived