Premed 101 Forums

Interview Discussion 2016

Hello all!

I noticed that our forum is missing the discussion thread that most other med school forums have. We should get a discussion going on here. Thunder Bay has finished its interviews and I guess Sudbury's are coming up so there should be plenty to discuss on here. Hopefully we can get some activity going on here! I loved the video that NOSM students put out....it looks like they worked really hard on it, lol I am still watching it periodically.

Med_Pack

C'mon TBay interviewees, we literally have the least post-interview discussion compared to all other med school threads....I know we are an engaged bunch so let's interact with one another lol! I hope there will also be more posts in about a week when the Sudbury folks are done with theirs! I know for me, it's been an emotional rollercoaster since interviews ended, I didn't think I'd have as many thoughts about it, and different thoughts each day where I think I've pretty much pondered every possible outcome and at least convinced myself that either way, I will be able to maintain my composure even if the worst happens (yeah, right) but there is always next year so there's that. What is everyone doing on d-day? I kept going back and forth whether I should take that day off, the day after off (because I'll prob be more upset after the adrenaline wears off, well obviously I am assuming worst outcome in that scenario, I do think I could force myself to focus on work if by some miracle I actually got in). Now, I know I won't be checking email until the END of the day because 1) my anxiety about it will probably make me want to avoid the email, 2) there has been the odd instance where schools send out mistakenly send out acceptances to rejected applicants *Ahem*McMaster* due to Y2K-like computer breakdowns (lol, yes I am old enough to remember the hype around Y2K) only to reject them later so I'd really rather not be excited to get let down, waiting until the end of the day to check hopefully prevents that, 3) I can't access email from work so that takes care of refreshing it all day long. But...ugh...if it ends up being worst outcome, I wonder how I will be doing the day after for work! I was considering using a vacation day but it's kind of too late now to ask for that so I guess I'm working that day regardless of the outcome. What is everyone else doing on d-day?

I haven't even thought about what to do on that dreaded day! I'll probably go out and do a hike or something to get myself away from the internet until the evening

Also, I have no idea how my interview went, I alternate between thinking I did a good job and thinking I bombed every station!

Archived