Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

I don't think they will send such an email this early, even if the class is nearly full and finalized. They will probably wait a few weeks before doing that. For me, unfortunately, it's not consolation, it just makes me more confused and uncertain of what is happening. It doesn't make sense to have offers available but sit on them and not send them out to the remainder of the people on the waitlist. I don't understand the logic. perhaps, like before, there is another hold up in the system (before there was some deferrals), so has anyone tried contacting the office? We are in July now, it's very unusual based on the past few years (and probably more) for the waitlist to not be hitting the middle third by now, there must be an explanation behind this. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they will send such an email this early, even if the class is nearly full and finalized. They will probably wait a few weeks before doing that. For me, unfortunately, it's not consolation, it just makes me more confused and uncertain of what is happening. It doesn't make sense to have offers available but sit on them and not send them out to the remainder of the people on the waitlist. I don't understand the logic. perhaps, like before, there is another hold up in the system (before there was some deferrals), so has anyone tried contacting the office? We are in July now, it's very unusual based on the past few years (and probably more) for the waitlist to not be hitting the middle third by now, there must be an explanation behind this. 

Yup i totally agree. This year will be a record for the lowest movement on the waitlist. There's gotta be a good reason, we will just have to wait till september for the stats to be released and Dr. Ziola to give us some insight. 

Hello everyone

I got my acceptance letter today morning.

I went to Sherrill's office today to ask about the steps I should di further. There, I asked her if there are many more spots, she said YES there are more offers still.

I wish all the best for all of you.

Scorbix,

I was accepted May 13, but I got the opportunity to change sites the other day. Keep in mind that the deadline to submit marks was June 30th (I did not get my marks back until June 29); there were many conditional offers that went out, so I think there will be more movement happening now since things can be finalized. You still have a good chance!

Jagxjr you da real mvp.

Also, Jack123, were you accepted on May 13 or off the waitlist? I'm trying to gauge if there might be a chance I'd be moved to Saskatoon.

Congratulations to everyone today!

Hello everyone

I got my acceptance letter today morning.

I went to Sherrill's office today to ask about the steps I should di further. There, I asked her if there are many more spots, she said YES there are more offers still.

I wish all the best for all of you.

Hey, congrats! Mind sharing your stats? 

Thanks for asking Sherrill! 

Hey, congrats! Mind sharing your stats? 

Thanks for asking Sherrill! 

Hey;

Thank you so much.

GPA 83

MCAT 500

I felt I did very well in the MMI because of my medical background from my home country and from the medical exams I did here in CANADA. I have a medicine degree already from my home country and the reason I will do medicine again here in CANADA is because I could not get in any residency after I finished the board exam here in the exam. I wish these 4 years will pass quickly till I get matched in the program I like.

Good luck for everyone and I wish all the best for all of you

Not sure what this means but I looked at registration for 2016-2017 first term medicine classes and there are only 81 people registered so far. I don't want to speculate but does anyone have any insight on this?

I am not sure, but u may add 9 to these 81 for those who got offers but not registered in the classes yet. like me because we are still completing the required documents. this is what i think. the class will be 100 as i know. so i think we may hear about more offers in the coming two weeks.

i wish all the best for everyone

Not sure what this means but I looked at registration for 2016-2017 first term medicine classes and there are only 81 people registered so far. I don't want to speculate but does anyone have any insight on this?

I am not sure, but u may add 9 to these 81 for those who got offers but not registered in the classes yet. like me because we are still completing the required documents. this is what i think. the class will be 100 as i know. so i think we may hear about more offers in the coming two weeks.

i wish all the best for everyone

Also me. I just received access to the course registration system, so I haven't done so yet. It'll take the people accepted off the wait list a little time.

Also me. I just received access to the course registration system, so I haven't done so yet. It'll take the people accepted off the wait list a little time.

Hi

How do you receive this access??, do they send you an email or do you just find it by yourself ???

Thanks

Jagxjr,

You'll be emailed a registration package shortly after your deposit and acceptance is completed.

Yes

I got it today morning. All who got offered seats should get the registration package and register so the number of the students registered in any class will actually reflect the seats offered and we will be able to know how many offers are still to go out.

I think I was the last one offered a seat in the IP pool out from the waitlist. I registered already in the classes for both terms. For any class, there are still 14-16 spots available. I think these are for students either offered seats and not registered yet or for seats not offered yet. I think there is no reason that you will be offered a seat and sent the registration package and not register in the classes. So, I am just thinking that everyone offered a seat out from the waitlist has registered in the classes already. And the remaining 14-16 seats are for offers not sent out yet.

I know a friend who has a friend got offered a seat last year in LATE July !!!!!

Yes

I got it today morning. All who got offered seats should get the registration package and register so the number of the students registered in any class will actually reflect the seats offered and we will be able to know how many offers are still to go out.

I think I was the last one offered a seat in the IP pool out from the waitlist. I registered already in the classes for both terms. For any class, there are still 14-16 spots available. I think these are for students either offered seats and not registered yet or for seats not offered yet. I think there is no reason that you will be offered a seat and sent the registration package and not register in the classes. So, I am just thinking that everyone offered a seat out from the waitlist has registered in the classes already. And the remaining 14-16 seats are for offers not sent out yet.

I know a friend who has a friend got offered a seat last year in LATE July !!!!!

The latest update I got from a friend who's already in is that there are 14 seats left in classes. Now keep in mind some OOP students take longer to register. There are also some IP students who are traveling and haven't had a chance to sign up yet. If we're lucky hopefully we can get 7-8 seats offered to the waitlist and at least give us a chance to get in. It's been a long wait that's for sure. Good luck tomorrow to everyone!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I got in!!!

I'm probably the last one among the top third so I bet we'll see some offers to the middle third very soon!

Time stamp: July 13, 1:44pm (I think; I'm not in Canada right now so this is what I calculated based on the time difference)

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I got in!!!

I'm probably the last one among the top third so I bet we'll see some offers to the middle third very soon!

Time stamp: July 13, 1:44pm (I think; I'm not in Canada right now so this is what I calculated based on the time difference)

Congrats Ecilaa!! Goodluck to you!

Archived