Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

I'm sure they'll get back to you soon! I have a feeling they're busy trying to move people to their preferred site that might not have been previously placed at their site of preference, and are giving those individuals a few days to confirm a site change before giving away the seats to any new people! Or at least that's what I've been telling myself lately to help calm my mind a bit :D

I keep hoping that's the case too, just taking some time to process everything, I'm really hoping for at least an update by Friday! Would you mind sharing if you are top, middle or third?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite close to humbly accepting defeat this round. At no time did I anticipate even getting an interview, so to end up in the top third of the waitlist is quite an accomplishment for me.

I'm eager to see what - if anything - the office said to Ecilaa's email.

I'm quite close to humbly accepting defeat this round. At no time did I anticipate even getting an interview, so to end up in the top third of the waitlist is quite an accomplishment for me.

I'm eager to see what - if anything - the office said to Ecilaa's email.

Still no reply from the office :(

I'm gonna call them tomorrow if I still get nothing!

Don't they notify you as soon as seats become available? I don't see how Friday or next week will make a difference seeing how it's already been a couple days past the deadline. What do you guys think?

Yeah I hear what you are saying... Just seems that the first few weeks of June there will be some shifting as offers go out and deadlines come up - people will need to make decisions in regards to waitlist offers and some people might still be waiting for other seats to open up. I know there is still some movement (although not much) in the Ontario threads and some slow movement in Manitoba and Alberta. I guess I'm just hoping for an update one way or another because I feel so distracted all the time. I'm not quite willing to accept defeat yet, but if I don't hear anything soon there is no choice and I'll have to move on!

I keep hoping that's the case too, just taking some time to process everything, I'm really hoping for at least an update by Friday! Would you mind sharing if you are top, middle or third?

Sorry for the late reply, I just got my acceptance letter today! I was actually a part of the equity program and IP, so I'm not too sure which type of seat I was offered, but that means there is a bit of movement happening! Unlike the initial acceptances, however, there is only about a week to accept or decline an offer instead of two, so the movement will be a lot quicker from this point on. With that said, I'm sure it won't be too long before you and the rest of the people sitting in the top third on here will hear back with an offer for a seat! 

Sorry for the late reply, I just got my acceptance letter today! I was actually a part of the equity program and IP, so I'm not too sure which type of seat I was offered, but that means there is a bit of movement happening! Unlike the initial acceptances, however, there is only about a week to accept or decline an offer instead of two, so the movement will be a lot quicker from this point on. With that said, I'm sure it won't be too long before you and the rest of the people sitting in the top third on here will hear back with an offer for a seat!

Hey!!! That's amazing news congrats! You must be so relieved, thanks for keeping us updated and positive!

Hey!!! That's amazing news congrats! You must be so relieved, thanks for keeping us updated and positive!

Congratulations Trafalgar!

Thanks both of you! :D I hope you both good luck and I hope you hear some good news soon as well! Try your best to stay positive, and just remember the email will come when you least expect it! ^_^ 

Still no reply from the office :(

I'm gonna call them tomorrow if I still get nothing!

Did you end up calling for an update? I wondering if in past cycles they send out update emails, but I've looked on the forums a little and apparently last year there were a few emails saying the class didn't completely fill up until the end of July. It seems unlikely that all five of us on here are at the bottom of the top third so either there wasn't much movement to begin with or administration is still sorting through offers and declines...

I'm in the middle third. If you guys in the top third don't hear back Monday or Tuesday, people in the middle (me) and bottom are in trouble.

Top will go through no problem.

Last year middle third heard back late June, early July. I know one person who on the bottom heard back August 24.

People will definitely drop over the summer, so don't loose hope, ppl in the top. I need you guys to get in so I can expect an email! Hah! Fingers crossed!

Monday or Tuesday, keep checking!

Thanks I hope you're right! It's hard not hearing anything and for those in the middle third, I hope we do hear so it's good news for you too. Movement seems slow this year but I'm unsure if this is just how it feels or if things are moving more slowly than usual! At least the weekend can be a break from checking emails so frequently and hopefully we'll have a better idea in the upcoming weeks!

Make that six in the top third who have not heard anything yet.

Did you end up calling for an update? I wondering if in past cycles they send out update emails, but I've looked on the forums a little and apparently last year there were a few emails saying the class didn't completely fill up until the end of July. It seems unlikely that all five of us on here are at the bottom of the top third so either there wasn't much movement to begin with or administration is still sorting through offers and declines...

I'm in the middle third. If you guys in the top third don't hear back Monday or Tuesday, people in the middle (me) and bottom are in trouble.

Top will go through no problem.

Last year middle third heard back late June, early July. I know one person who on the bottom heard back August 24.

People will definitely drop over the summer, so don't loose hope, ppl in the top. I need you guys to get in so I can expect an email! Hah! Fingers crossed!

Monday or Tuesday, keep checking!

What do you mean people will drop over the summer? Like get in elsewhere or change their minds?

Make that seven.

Seven of us seems like a lot to all be at the bottom of the list, that's nearly half. There must be a hold up somewhere!

Hey sorry I tried calling the admissions office but the automated answering machine said that they only did email.

Make that seven. 

Now I actually feel somewhat more hopeful! It just seems too unlikely for seven people to receive no offers.

Could there be the possibility of emails being sent out from them but not received (since I get no email reply from the office either)?

Now I actually feel somewhat more hopeful! It just seems too unlikely for seven people to receive no offers.

Could there be the possibility of emails being sent out from them but not received (since I get no email reply from the office either)?

I was wondering that too, I keep looking through my junk mail just in case. If they aren't getting back to email they are probably swamped with administrative stuff! Let's keep the hope going! Good news soon guys!

Archived