Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

In all honesty, no one really knows. Even the COM may have anticipated a lot of movement in IP this year, even more than that of last year hence, the larger wait list this year. I suspect it is because of the GPA/MCAT combo which should ideally increase the number of applicants applying to multiple schools compared to last year (all things being equal).

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked over at last year's wait list thread and it seems some people in the bottom third got offers as late as mid June. Granted there are more people in the wait list this year, maybe it'll actually go to the middle third?

From what i have heard, one of the individuals on the bottom third heard back at the end of August last year.

I agree with drken.The increase to 45 suggests that the COM anticipates more IP students to decline and select else where. There is still hope for all of us on the waitlist. 

This may be a dumb question. Scorbix mentioned that IP applicants on the wait list are contacted as soon as spots become available. I was wondering if anyone knows if that's also true for OOP applicants. Will they let us know right away, or will we have to wait at least the two weeks for the first batch to make their decisions? Thanks!

Not a stupid question at all. From the looks of the waitlist thread last year, there was movement around the 21st of May. So, a bit of a wait but not a mandatory 2 week wait.

Thank you! Coincidentally, May 21st is my birthday lol. If this year is the same as last year, that would be one hell of a gift.

I'd be surprised if there was absolutely no waitlist movement thus far. Given that there's only 4 of us on the top third of the waitlist (as per the waitlist poll thread), that leaves 11 other positions somewhere around us; that means they may have just not gotten to any of us yet. Another explanation is that some people who are opting not to accept their offer simply haven't contacted the office and are simply waiting until the two weeks is up. Lastly (but hopefully not the case), there just may not be as much waitlist movement this early on! I would try to not read too much into it. I suspect a great deal of waitlist movement occurs in late May/early June! I will admit, however, this wait is taking quite an emotional tole on me.

I'd be surprised if there was absolutely no waitlist movement thus far. Given that there's only 4 of us on the top third of the waitlist (as per the waitlist poll thread), that leaves 11 other positions somewhere around us; that means they may have just not gotten to any of us yet. Another explanation is that some people who are opting not to accept their offer simply haven't contacted the office and are simply waiting until the two weeks is up. Lastly (but hopefully not the case), there just may not be as much waitlist movement this early on! I would try to not read too much into it. I suspect a great deal of waitlist movement occurs in late May/early June! I will admit, however, this wait is taking quite an emotional tole on me.

Me too. It's an emotional roller coaster of feeling so thankful to not have been rejected but also so draining to constantly be waiting and checking my email every two minutes. I'm exhausted from waiting, if that's even possible. Trying to keep busy but I can't help but divert back to thinking about the wait!

even with Dr. Ziola said that the top third is accepted every year. i am worried about something different could happen this year only because i am in the top third !!!!

i wish all the best for all of you.

I know exactly what you mean, but I won't worry too much yet. If it's early June and I still haven't heard anything, then maybe I'll worry a little bit!

Archived