Premed 101 Forums

Courses To Take

Comp Sci 1033, 1032

Math 1229, 1228, 1225

Chem 2210

Medical biophysics 3501, 3503*(haven't personally taken)

Earth Sci 1022, 2240(*may have become difficult)

I've heard geography of Tourism, and other geo courses are manageable. Geo of Tourim was so boring I didn't last more than a day in the class though. Generally, I found 3rd year genetics courses easier than 3rd year Medical Sciences courses. Less memorization and more conceptual, which fit my learning style. There are also many other topics around with lots of information (http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/43076-second-year-bird-courses/page-2). Ultimately my advice would be to consider your strengths and interests, and if possible to find courses with different exam times, such as half courses with 2 midterms, or full year courses with only 3 exams. These result in offset exam times so you don't have so many exams around the same time. One such example is Mythology, which I always wanted to take but never fit it in my schedule. Good luck!

Comp Sci 1033, 1032

Math 1229, 1228, 1225

Chem 2210

Medical biophysics 3501, 3503*(haven't personally taken)

Earth Sci 1022, 2240(*may have become difficult)

I've heard geography of Tourism, and other geo courses are manageable. Geo of Tourim was so boring I didn't last more than a day in the class though. Generally, I found 3rd year genetics courses easier than 3rd year Medical Sciences courses. Less memorization and more conceptual, which fit my learning style. There are also many other topics around with lots of information (http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/43076-second-year-bird-courses/page-2). Ultimately my advice would be to consider your strengths and interests, and if possible to find courses with different exam times, such as half courses with 2 midterms, or full year courses with only 3 exams. These result in offset exam times so you don't have so many exams around the same time. One such example is Mythology, which I always wanted to take but never fit it in my schedule. Good luck!

Do you know of any third or fourth year courses? 

Not really, other than those med biophysics courses. I did well in all of my 3rd and 4th genetics courses but that was my major and I put a lot of effort in. If you liked second year genetics I could recommend any of them other than behavioral genetics and genetic engineering as I found those the most challenging. I also did well in Skeletal Physiology and Integrative Neuroscience as well for fourth year. Feel free to PM me if you want btw!

Law 3101 - Health Law. It's not one you can get by with no work, you do need to spend some time reading over the course book and some memorization but a good mark is really doable. The prof is hilarious and makes it worthwhile to go to class, and it's actually useful to know.

Classics 2300 - A bit annoying to memorize all the info but thats ll it is, you dont need the textbook for readings at all toget a 90. If you can memorize then take it. The prof is actually really great so going to class isn't horrible (just annoying that its at night)

If you can take more first year courses then Listening to music was super easy. Just write down the random things he rambles about in class and you'll do fine on the tests. No final exam in the exam period. It was a really nice change up from my usual classes actually. "essays" were marked really easily aswell.

Law 3101 - Health Law. It's not one you can get by with no work, you do need to spend some time reading over the course book and some memorization but a good mark is really doable. The prof is hilarious and makes it worthwhile to go to class, and it's actually useful to know.

Classics 2300 - A bit annoying to memorize all the info but thats ll it is, you dont need the textbook for readings at all toget a 90. If you can memorize then take it. The prof is actually really great so going to class isn't horrible (just annoying that its at night)

If you can take more first year courses then Listening to music was super easy. Just write down the random things he rambles about in class and you'll do fine on the tests. No final exam in the exam period. It was a really nice change up from my usual classes actually. "essays" were marked really easily aswell.

I have already taken healthcare law and I really don't enjoy taking classics courses. 

Not really, other than those med biophysics courses. I did well in all of my 3rd and 4th genetics courses but that was my major and I put a lot of effort in. If you liked second year genetics I could recommend any of them other than behavioral genetics and genetic engineering as I found those the most challenging. I also did well in Skeletal Physiology and Integrative Neuroscience as well for fourth year. Feel free to PM me if you want btw!

Do you know about 3597 Regulaton of Gene expression with Kramer? I'm in need of a second semester 3rd year bio that I haven't take nyet and I'm thinking about this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know about 3597 Regulaton of Gene expression with Kramer? I'm in need of a second semester 3rd year bio that I haven't take nyet and I'm thinking about this one!

Took it with another prof, heard it got a bit more difficult but still nothing hard to grasp, just memorizing. Also second 2300, It's the history of sport so if you're into that it has much more in common with ancient athletic competitions than Zeus and Hercules. 2300 is a full year, 1.0, 4 non-cumulative exams pretty easy to get 2 90/85+s on your script (with that 1.0 weighting). Any Psychology courses that are non-cumulative and/or all MC exams are generally easy unless notably not (Never took Drugs and behaviour, people seem to be intimidated by that large amount of T/F). Let us know about other specific courses you have in mind and we can let you know what we thought of them/ specific info.

One big note though; courses change, the syllabus is the best information source as it may differ from the ones we had.

Took it with another prof, heard it got a bit more difficult but still nothing hard to grasp, just memorizing. Also second 2300, It's the history of sport so if you're into that it has much more in common with ancient athletic competitions than Zeus and Hercules. 2300 is a full year, 1.0, 4 non-cumulative exams pretty easy to get 2 90/85+s on your script (with that 1.0 weighting). Any Psychology courses that are non-cumulative and/or all MC exams are generally easy unless notably not (Never took Drugs and behaviour, people seem to be intimidated by that large amount of T/F). Let us know about other specific courses you have in mind and we can let you know what we thought of them/ specific info.

One big note though; courses change, the syllabus is the best information source as it may differ from the ones we had.

Would you recommend classics 2200. I'm in need of a first year or second year course, that can help my semester out. I'll be taking some heavy physiology courses during the school year? 

Would you recommend classics 2200. I'm in need of a first year or second year course, that can help my semester out. I'll be taking some heavy physiology courses during the school year? 

Never taken it so, take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but all the people I've known who've taken it said it was an easy humanities.(Edit: Actually an Arts course, I did my Psychs for Humanities). Do you read fiction/ in general for fun? Seems like the "homework" could be enjoyable if so.

'

Archived