Premed 101 Forums

School Suggestions?

Would love some suggestions on this list. First time applying to the states and will hopefully finish app by end of June/beginning of July, 3 references are also underway. (supervisor, undergrad prof, employer)

Canadian applicant

gpa: 3.785

mcat 36 (written in 2014)

MSc (Year 1)

1) albert einstein

2) boston

3) wayne

4) oakland

5) columbia**

6) howard

7) rutgers (NJ)

8) rutgers (robert wood)

9) mayo**

10) standford**

11) NYU**

12) weill Cornell**

13) rosalind

14) SUNY

15) UC, Davis

16) washington (st. louis)

Jimmy Kimmel @ Jefferson  & CWRU should be on your list.

Applying to reaches is fine, but don't pull off more realistic schools in its place. If you can't afford the extra costs of some more schools to your list - get an odd job for some extra application money. Do not cheap out on this at this stage. You're about to spend 400K on med school and move across the continent potentially. A few hundred bucks for the opportunity to do so, shouldn't be a limiting factor. Of course don't throw away money either to schools you don't meet requirements, dont take Canadians or would not attend for personal reasons etc.

See the other 5 threads on this subforum for schools.

Take out UC Davis, i highly doubt they take any Canadians.

Jimmy Kimmel @ Jefferson & CWRU should be on your list.

Applying to reaches is fine, but don't pull off more realistic schools in its place. If you can't afford the extra costs of some more schools to your list - get an odd job for some extra application money. Do not cheap out on this at this stage. You're about to spend 400K on med school and move across the continent potentially. A few hundred bucks for the opportunity to do so, shouldn't be a limiting factor. Of course don't throw away money either to schools you don't meet requirements, dont take Canadians or would not attend for personal reasons etc.

See the other 5 threads on this subforum for schools.

Take out UC Davis, i highly doubt they take any Canadians.

I second this

You also have probably too many reaches in your list.

Archived