Premed 101 Forums

Shadowing In Us

Hi,

I am a recent graduate of a Canadian University and I was given permission to shadowing a doctor in the U.S. for 1-2 days. I am wondering if there are any documents that I might need to get in order to enter the U.S. with a reason of shadowing a doctor. Also, there aren't any laws that might restrict Canadians from shadowing doctors in the U.S. right?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I am a recent graduate of a Canadian University and I was given permission to shadowing a doctor in the U.S. for 1-2 days. I am wondering if there are any documents that I might need to get in order to enter the U.S. with a reason of shadowing a doctor. Also, there aren't any laws that might restrict Canadians from shadowing doctors in the U.S. right?

Thanks for your help!

Just keep a copy of the email, and make sure to re-iterate to the border crossing agents that its non-paid, and just shadowing(fly on the wall observation), that needed for medical school.

Agreed with the above. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you make it clear you're not working and not being paid.. in other words, they would admit you as a regular visitor. You may need to complete documents to shadow the doctor based on the hospital/workplace requirement (i.e. immunization records, etc.) -- make sure you have that sorted out beforehand.

Agreed with the above. You shouldn't have a problem as long as you make it clear you're not working and not being paid.. in other words, they would admit you as a regular visitor. You may need to complete documents to shadow the doctor based on the hospital/workplace requirement (i.e. immunization records, etc.) -- make sure you have that sorted out beforehand.

Hi Thanks for your help! I will make sure to get those

Archived