Premed 101 Forums

elucidator2341

I wrote there last year in August! It's sketchy-ish neighbourhood, but I didn't have any issues with AoL's testing environment. It was quiet, no distractions. 

The one shitty thing is that the staff aren't great at delivering instructions to test writers - they didn't tell us how the signing in/out process works for taking your breaks, so lots of us sat at the computer for our first 10-minute break instead of using the washroom, grabbing a snack, etc. And when we needed lunch, lots of us walked to the lockers without knowing that we needed to go elsewhere to sign out, and got in trouble. It's really common sense, but if they don't tell you, just remember to sign-out at the front desk before heading to the lockers for your lunch.  :D

I wrote there last year in August! It's sketchy-ish neighbourhood, but I didn't have any issues with AoL's testing environment. It was quiet, no distractions. 

The one shitty thing is that the staff aren't great at delivering instructions to test writers - they didn't tell us how the signing in/out process works for taking your breaks, so lots of us sat at the computer for our first 10-minute break instead of using the washroom, grabbing a snack, etc. And when we needed lunch, lots of us walked to the lockers without knowing that we needed to go elsewhere to sign out, and got in trouble. It's really common sense, but if they don't tell you, just remember to sign-out at the front desk before heading to the lockers for your lunch.  :D

Sweet, thanks!   :D

Oh, also! What time do you recommend going there? Just wondering if starting earlier than others would be distracting or whatever, if other people are coming in and starting after you for the next twenty minutes or so!  

Everyone generally starts at the same time. There's maybe a 10 minute lag at most, since the first in line will get started with the first section when the last in line is still signing in, getting photographed, etc. I was never distracted by others, and my arrival time had no influence on it. Everyone's (or at least the people I wrote with) respectful and stays quiet, since we're all experiencing the same pain and understand what everyone's going through! :P 

Just arrive whenever you feel comfortable arriving, as long as you're there on time. I left painfully early and was one of the first ones there - I'm not familiar with the city of Hamilton so I wanted to be extra extra extra sure that I didn't get lost or stuck in traffic while driving from the hotel! 

Archived