Premed 101 Forums

48 Entries For Abs?

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, what about putting a language I've been learning since high school (spanish)? Took a few intro courses in high school, went abroad to try and refine it, and I've taken a few casual lessons/chat with fluent friends outside of school. My reading comprehension is actually quite good, although I'm too shy to speak it properly...would this be a valid entry for "other"? Would it be too much if I also added my mother tongue (self taught alphabets, too) under "other"?

Edit: Also, I did get the bilingual certificate in high school. Should I put my high school education and bilingual certificate as separate entries, or only include the certificate under "awards"? Seems redundant to include both.

6 hours ago, habromania said:

Hm, what about putting a language I've been learning since high school (spanish)? Took a few intro courses in high school, went abroad to try and refine it, and I've taken a few casual lessons/chat with fluent friends outside of school. My reading comprehension is actually quite good, although I'm too shy to speak it properly...would this be a valid entry for "other"? Would it be too much if I also added my mother tongue (self taught alphabets, too) under "other"?

Edit: Also, I did get the bilingual certificate in high school. Should I put my high school education and bilingual certificate as separate entries, or only include the certificate under "awards"? Seems redundant to include both.

The bilingual certificate is not an award but is part of your formal education. You could put Spanish under other.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 10:19 PM, HappyAndHopeful said:

Is it frowned upon if I DO fill all 48 entries? I haven't included any short-term volunteering except for two things that I just started earlier this year (they are both ongoing). I did include a few awards I received when I graduated high school, but I feel like it's a good mix of things. Just wondering if my ABS will get a side-eye since I filled all the spots.

Don't worry if you fill up all 48. There's a reason why they have 48 if you need 48 entries you need them.

Archived