Premed 101 Forums

Was Last Year's Interview Emails Date A Fluke?

Hey!

Last year, invites came out January 13. In previous years, invites came out around January 20, sometimes later (January 24 etc.). In the email from McMaster to verify geographical status, they said invites would come out at the "end of January". Why was last year different? Anybody know? Did last year's geographical status letter say the same thing? Or was last year actually a special case? Thanks in advance!

It said the same thing last year, "end of January". That geographical status email also came out December 8 last year, whereas the one this year came out Nov 23. So if you want to read into that, maybe they will be on the ball again for interview emails, since they were so early with the geographical status. Really though it could come out any time from mid to end of January so I wouldn't stress about it too much. The email subject line is quite telling as well, mine said "Invitation to Interview". 

It said the same thing last year, "end of January". That geographical status email also came out December 8 last year, whereas the one this year came out Nov 23. So if you want to read into that, maybe they will be on the ball again for interview emails, since they were so early with the geographical status. Really though it could come out any time from mid to end of January so I wouldn't stress about it too much. The email subject line is quite telling as well, mine said "Invitation to Interview". 

That is interesting. I guess we have no way of knowing. I have no control over it, so I guess there's nothing to do but wait. Thanks so much for your reply!

Archived