Premed 101 Forums

final gpa calculations?

Guest gc

I had a few questions as to how gpa is calculated into the final score at the u of m. I was told that the gpa score (out of 10) was based on a sliding scale of the gpa's. Is this scale made from the gpa of all people applying or just those who were given an interview? Also, since your final gpa and agpa isn't really know until april (waiting for final exams) and you already have had your interview does the med school commitee get your grades automatically or do you have to send something out?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Guest brandonite

I don't know how the sliding scale is exactly built. You will have to talk to Charles Paragg about that.

As to your final GPA... I don't know exactly how they did that. I had my acceptance before I had even written my final exams, and they never asked for a transcript from me. I think that if you are on the waitlist or on the bubble, then they might get a bit more curious about your final GPA.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ManitobaMed

Hey GC,

Sorry I'm so slow. Like Bdnite, I'm unsure of how the sliding scale works. I do know, however, that applicants granted an interview are expected to have their final transcripts sent to the U of M after April exams. While it's true that a number of us receive acceptances before final grades are available, a significant proportion of students, both in- and out-of-province, are accepted in June or throughout the summer from the waitlist -- meaning their final grades are considered.

Archived