Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 days left. Exited? Worried? Anxious? Do tell

I really want to get into Toronto because after taking the CAP, I could see myself doing really well in the enviromemt of that program. I'm happy with any PT school but it would be really cool to go to Toronto.

Regardless of what happens on the 19th let's not lose our passion for this profession. If we are truly passionate then we will eventually get what we want!!! I'm speaking to myself first and foremost. Never give up. Never lose hope. And never stay the same. Keep moving forward. Peace and Love!

I definitely agree with you there! I've still been checking on the crazy slim possibility that we might get something early lol 

I'm hoping for Queens OT but like you said I'd be happy with any school. 

Thanks for the encouraging words and I pray that we all get the responses we are hoping for! Cheers!

Last year I promised to buy myself something nice on the day I find out about PT school. It took my mind off of PT school and it worked both ways if I got in or not. It would make me a bit happier to buy something nice or I still buy it to celebrate lol. 

I just want it to be Friday already! So queens and u of t send emails (of either acceptance, waitlist or rejection? Or do you only get an email if you are accepted/waitlisted?)

And we need to log in to Mac and western?

Do we know what time everything is updated/emails are sent? I'm in Newfoundland so I'll have an extra 1.5 hrs to wait... and knowing me sleep won't happen on Thursday night :/

I just want it to be Friday already! So queens and u of t send emails (of either acceptance, waitlist or rejection? Or do you only get an email if you are accepted/waitlisted?)

And we need to log in to Mac and western?

Do we know what time everything is updated/emails are sent? I'm in Newfoundland so I'll have an extra 1.5 hrs to wait... and knowing me sleep won't happen on Thursday night :/

Looking through older posts it seems like UofT and queens send out emails for regardless of status. And the rest might be logins. But I think everything should show up in ORPAS just at different times.

It'll be Friday before we know it!

Does anybody know what time ORPAS will release their decisions on the 19th?

Last year Mac actually posted results on Mosaic Thursday night around 11:30pm, and they sent out my (rejection lol) email on Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks for the info! Hahah I love how so many are helping out and sharing info as we all go through this intense process together. I felt fine a couple days ago and decided that I would make peace with whatever happens and if I don't get in just use it to inspire me to work harder to get in next year. That being said, I'm finding it harder and harder to not be anxious about Friday because I haven't wanted anything this badly before (when it comes to career planning, professional opportunities etc). And I am older than a lot of applicants - while I don't regret all the fun and interesting experiences I've had, I am feeling a bit of time pressure to figure out my future.

Yes I think knowing how stressful this is for everyone I hope any of us who receive multiple offers can make the decision quickly rather than waiting until the deadline just because we can (I say this as a fairly indecisive person hahah. But if I do have any choice I will do my best to choose quickly!)

I hope I can make my decision on Friday super quick so my available spot in UofA can be filled up by someone in the waitlist!

I believe that doesn't matter. You have a week to make your initial acceptance or provisional acceptance. Then they send out all of the second round of offers to waitlisted people the following week. so it doesn't matter if you make your decision in 1min or 1 week. It sucks to be relying on the waitlist though. you have to wait another 10 days or something when you thought it would be all over lol

Has anyone received any waitlist offer for U of A's OT? I haven't heard a word from UofA.

OThopeful, I don't think you will hear back until end of May or early June likely. I just sent off my deposit today and the deadline for them to receive it is May 26 so I bet they will make their way through the waitlist after that deadline. 

I called U of A OT on Monday and I was told that offers are still being made this week and the following week. But I think that's just what they say since the deadline to accept 1st round of offers is May 26th. I was also told that waitlisted people will be informed at the end of the month. So most likely after May 26th the waitlisted people will be informed? Seems like U of A is truly following the estimated timeline mentioned on their OT website. Waiting is the worst but what's another 10 days of wait haha it's already May 17. I'm sure there will be movements once ORPAS releases their decisions on Friday.

Archived