Premed 101 Forums

Sigh, still waiting...

Guest macdreams

Guest macdreams

Hey everyone,

Well I called mac just a few minutes ago and it seems as though they had two cancellations today and invited two waitlisters :D (Unfortunately for me, I wasn't one of them :rolleyes )

Just a little over 24 hours left to go to hear something... hope anyone else that's still waiting (Emilia?) is keeping sane :eek (It's tricky, believe me I know!!)

Fianlly, BEST OF LUCK to all those interviewing this weekend :D I'm sure you'll all do AmAzInG!!

Later gators,

MacDreams

"I am slowly going crazy, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, switch... Crazy going slowly am I, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, switch" :rollin

Guest Emila

I didn't hear from from Mac either. I guess tomorrow's our last chance. I don't know if I will go if they do phone. I haven't done anything to prepare for the interview and my final exams start on Monday!

I hope they phone you macdreams. Did you interview anywhere else?

Best of luck

Guest IRNBRUD

Thought you guys might want to know that there may be hope yet. In the Hamilton area we are experiencing a winter storm complete with treacherous freezing rain and snow/ice pellets. Maybe it will turn into a blizzard and more people will have to cancel for this weekend???????

As long as you guys have access to skidoos you would be all set!!??

Who know?

I can imagine how hard the state of flux must be for you guys. Just wanted to remind you that even if you don't get the call, you obviously have what it takes to get an interview at Mac. Just a matter of logistics is all.

Chins up ;) ,

IB

Guest macdreams

Hey guys!

I totally have my fingers crossed for you, Emilia :) I know it would be pretty crazy to hear we got a spot so last minute, but if I got it I'd have to say "yes". I wouldn't have it in me to turn it down (despite the fact that I have 2 papers and a lab due next week and have done little to no interview prep, sheesh!!) In answer to your question, I didn't apply to any other schools as I'm not yet qualified. Even if I could apply to others (and will so in the future) Mac will always be my #1 :D I'm all about PBL, tee hee hee :rollin

Thanks for the well-wishes IRNBRUB. I really appreciate it :) Unfortunately, I don't have a skidoo... but I'd travel all night, by sled if I had to :lol Yes, I'm just that dedicated, lol!

Later guys,

MacDreams

P.S. I don't know if it's too late for you to come now, Emilia, but there's a interview practice session going on in downtown Toronto at 7 tonight. It'd be awesome if you could make it... and probably pretty helpful too. Just so you know! md

Just wanted to encourage you guys a little. Hope reamins. Like you said Macdreams, there is still 24 hours. And anything can happen. One thing is for sure, you guys obviously have what they are looking for. And if, worst case senario, the desired call does not come-- next year will hopefully be your year. Afterall, you'll have improved your application, your experience, you understanding of life and medicine over this past year.... which leads me to believe that next year you'll be invited for first offer interviews (assuming you improve on what you already have). Be encouraged knowing that the AdCom thinks you have what it takes to study medicine at Mac, and absolutely reapply if things don't fly this year.

I wish you guys all the best. Don't let this wait drive you too nutty.

bug

Guest grandmellon

Hey Macdreams! THanks for the congrats... You definitely need to call mac today to see if there are cancellations because of the weather!! With all the work you have pu t in so far you deserve an interview!!!!! SO don't give up hope yet! ehhehe

Talk to you soon

Guest macdreams

Hey everyone! :D

I called admissions and got the "weather's crazy/we'll get back to you on the plan" message on their machiene - so I left one of my own that went something like this:

"Hi, my name is Zoe and I'm on the (damn) waitlist for an interview this weekend. I'm wondering if you have experienced any cancellations due to the horrible weather? If so, I am avalible to interview on less than 24 hours notice as I live in the GTA. Really, I live close! I can come! Just call, ANYTIME. I'm all prepared... I even bought a suit (it's really nice)... please, please, please, please, please!!!"

Kay, so maybe I left the last part of it out... but I think I got my point across :b

<<Nervously waiting by the phone...>> md

Guest IRNBRUD

HAAA HAAAHAHAHA

Way to show initiative macdreams!!!!!!! When I posted my weather message yesterday I had NO idea how close I was to predicting today's cancellations!

You Rock! If nothing else, you have certainly left an impression!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest macdreams

glad I made you laugh, IRNBRUD :)

I called for a second time, just a few minutes ago, in the off chance that I could speak to a live person and make my case. Sadly, I got the machine again :( to which I added something like the following message:

"Hi, my name is Zoe. I called earlier in the day asking about the waiting list and am wondering if you have experienced any cancellations due to the horrible weather? If so, I am available to interview on less than 24 hours!! Really, I live close! I can fill spaces. CALL ANYTIME, day or night. I'll be here waiting (patiently?!?!:o )

P.S. You guys are doing a great job!

P.P.S. ppppplllllleeeeeaaaasssseeeee"

I think I'm losing my mind... :eek

Archived