Premed 101 Forums

CASPer Test?

Hey guys, has anyone here have experience with the Dental school CASPer test? Do they give dentist scenarios, or is it more just general? Also, how did you guys prep for this? I know people say you don't need to prep/study for this, but I'm not great with taking timed tests and I'm not feeling too strong for this exam as of right now. I'm planning to take the September 17 exam (this Sunday). Is anyone else taking the test on this day? And does anyone have any experience with prep programs? I'm planning to go with BeMo CASPer test prep (probably the 1st or 2nd tier).

Thanks for any help/advice! :)

Hi OP with CASPer you definitely want to make sure you do get some practice in before your test so that you are feeling comfortable. If you do have one or two practice tests and you are feeling like it won`t go well it might be worth you looking to see if there are any options to take the test at a later date. Sometimes that is a possibility. I have had a couple of friends use BeMo for CASper preparations before and they were positive about the experience. As always though, make sure you do your own research before you commit to anything. Best of luck :-)

Casper is a personality test - they will not test dental/medical knowledge.

The test wants to see how you naturally respond to certain situations. 

Often you will be given different roles in scenarios (e.g. You are a Teacher, CEO, Surgeon etc) and it asks you about your opinion about a certain situation

14 hours ago, Vendar said:

Casper is a personality test - they will not test dental/medical knowledge.

The test wants to see how you naturally respond to certain situations. 

Often you will be given different roles in scenarios (e.g. You are a Teacher, CEO, Surgeon etc) and it asks you about your opinion about a certain situation

Rather than being a personality test, I think it tests your ability to communicate effectively as an ethical, critical thinker and problem solver under severe time restraints, thus giving insight as to many of your sought after competencies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 1:10 AM, themuffinman11 said:

Hey guys, has anyone here have experience with the Dental school CASPer test? Do they give dentist scenarios, or is it more just general? Also, how did you guys prep for this? I know people say you don't need to prep/study for this, but I'm not great with taking timed tests and I'm not feeling too strong for this exam as of right now. I'm planning to take the September 17 exam (this Sunday). Is anyone else taking the test on this day? And does anyone have any experience with prep programs? I'm planning to go with BeMo CASPer test prep (probably the 1st or 2nd tier).

Thanks for any help/advice! :)

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/timed-casper-practice-resources.1264808/ 

Archived