Premed 101 Forums

CASPer chances

Hi all,

I am a premed who is really hoping to get into McMaster this application cycle as it is the only school I have a shot at (124 in C/P which i never saw coming, pretty shocking but what can ya do). My OMSAS GPA is 3.92 and my CARS is 130. Those are pretty good, so the only thing standing between is the CASPer for an interview. I just wanted to specifically know how I do prepare properly for CASPer? I am a fairly slow typist, so should I practice typing on its own for next two weeks and is that enough time? I have gotten the book "Doing Right" as many have recommended, and are the practice CASPer tests worth it, if not for the actual content then just the situation and getting used to the format (much like MCAT FLs).

Thank you for you advice, I have been following these threads and you guys are awesome! 

2 hours ago, Bambi said:

See the bottom part of the first post in 

Typing fast is very helpful as is thinking quickly. Doing some practice questions will ease your adjustment to this format under time constraints.

Yes for sure especially as it is 5 minutes for 3 questions. Thinking quickly is fine but the typing is what i will have to improve upon. Thank You! 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:07 PM, caloriefret said:

Hi all,

I am a premed who is really hoping to get into McMaster this application cycle as it is the only school I have a shot at (124 in C/P which i never saw coming, pretty shocking but what can ya do). My OMSAS GPA is 3.92 and my CARS is 130. Those are pretty good, so the only thing standing between is the CASPer for an interview. I just wanted to specifically know how I do prepare properly for CASPer? I am a fairly slow typist, so should I practice typing on its own for next two weeks and is that enough time? I have gotten the book "Doing Right" as many have recommended, and are the practice CASPer tests worth it, if not for the actual content then just the situation and getting used to the format (much like MCAT FLs).

Thank you for you advice, I have been following these threads and you guys are awesome! 

I did Casper last year and unfortunately did not receive an interview.  This year I'm doing things differently and spending more time with practice tests.  Some of the practice Casper tests I've done have been almost identical to my actual Casper test last year.   Definitely work to increase your typing speed.

However, I now know why there are people who get interviews at Mac despite having lower GPAs and CARS scores !!

6 hours ago, bs2md said:

I did Casper last year and unfortunately did not receive an interview.  This year I'm doing things differently and spending more time with practice tests.  Some of the practice Casper tests I've done have been almost identical to my actual Casper test last year.   Definitely work to increase your typing speed.

However, I now know why there are people who get interviews at Mac despite having lower GPAs and CARS scores !!

What company did you use for practice tests?

Archived