Premed 101 Forums

US-MD Finances -- how do you pull this off?

elldeezz

hey guys, very practical question here -- just wondering how one can realistically afford to attend a USMD program without financial aid from the school or some form of parental / sponsor contribution.

Let's say I have a strong co-signer and secure one of the largest LOCs out there from a Canadian Bank at 275K CAD, so ~210K USD.   If my estimated annual COA is at least ~70K USD (even that's conservative), that makes my 4-year COA 280K USD = 360K CAD (before interest)....

So even with one of the largest LOC's available, that still leaves me close to 100K CAD short of the total COA pre-interest...  where am I supposed to find that 100K haha?

Am I missing something here?  How do people pull this off?

1 hour ago, elldeezz said:

hey guys, very practical question here -- just wondering how one can realistically afford to attend a USMD program without financial aid from the school or some form of parental / sponsor contribution.

Let's say I have a strong co-signer and secure one of the largest LOCs out there from a Canadian Bank at 275K CAD, so ~210K USD.   If my estimated annual COA is at least ~70K USD (even that's conservative), that makes my 4-year COA 280K USD = 360K CAD (before interest)....

So even with one of the largest LOC's available, that still leaves me close to 100K CAD short of the total COA pre-interest...  where am I supposed to find that 100K haha?

Hey Elldeezz, 

There was a similar thread started not too long ago. Take a look here: 

There is a search function so you can get answers more quickly as there may have been people with similar questions in the past!

16 hours ago, elldeezz said:

You answered your own question. You need personal savings or familial support.

Archived