Premed 101 Forums

kiterunner

Nothing is going on. He is not in your life, and worse, he is just a liability to you. Cut him off totally and move on. There is no substance to him, there is no relationship, there is zero sum gain for you, he is a loser whom you don’t need in any aspect of your life. It is not relevant why he does what he does, it does not matter.

I cannot agree more with Bambi. It doesn't matter why. He doesn't matter.

If he matters, he would be in your life (if you want him to). He is not in your life. Sending texts is minimal effort. The telemarketer tries harder than that.

No need to do a post mortem, no need to get closure. It does not make him a bad person. It also wasn't you for travelling awhile ago or "cooling off". It just did not happen. Be your own awesome self, do the awesome things you do, find somebody who wants and tries to be in your awesome life and see if you like them.

On 2017-11-01 at 11:08 PM, YesIcan55 said:

What some girls need to understand is that if a guy is interested he will find time to text you if he is on the moon with no reception and he will actively pursue you. He clearly is not interested in you. That might be a tough pill to swallow, but it is reality. 

EDIT: also this texts seem super platonic and normal, I'm not even sure why you are reading into them They could be texts he mass sends to everyone, or texts he sends you in particular with no hidden meaning just because, or he wants to keep you on the back burner in case he can't find better. 

I know it is hard to neglect  the "why"...  The feeling I get from this is that maybe he was interested at first, but not anymore. There could be different reasons and it is most likely that he talks to a lot of girls at the same time and once a new girl that is more interesting pops up the other ones become a standby. That's why he is keeping it short, but it gets you confused that he still talks to you even if it's shallow convos. I suggest you don't reply to him, and even if you do, keep it short and plain (like if you mirror his behaviour). Take what I say with a grain of salt, I might be completely wrong, but I know that if a guy is interested in you, he would find any stupid excuse to talk to you or hang out with you....but just keep in mind that it's his loss and not yours . 

Lol has no one here dated? Obviously this guy is nervous and not getting the reactions he's expecting. His replies are in response to your replies. 

He obviously is trying to engage but he's either too shy or inexperienced to escalate. I've dated timid guys before and my close guy friends have explained how tough it is for guys to first approach and then lead! I'd suggest for you to help him out and take the lead. 

All this advice to cut out this supposed evil person is messed up. None of these people know him, are supposedly med or premed students yet can't even have the empathy to see it from his perspective and give him the benefit of the doubt. What if he's not a player and he's just anxious with communicating his feelings without his intentions being misconstrued? Everyone chill out and let her ask him out on a date or at least give him the respect of having some kind of closure. 

Jesus no wonder guys get anxiety when they text and keep deleting then rewriting it to something vague and incomprehensible. Be open and transparent. It's that simple! He'll be open when he sees you take the first step. 

On 11/9/2017 at 7:34 PM, kiterunner said:

He doesn't seem nervous when we are on our dates! He seems very comfortable with me. But, I think it had to do with me going MIA while I was travelling and working. Whenever he sends me those "hope your day is going well texts" i do my best to not dismiss them and try to engender more conversation, but he always makes it come to a screeching halt after 2-3 replies. This repeats.

I am still very fond of him, but I think the boat has sailed on this one...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived