Premed 101 Forums

Interviewing practice sessions

Guest Dannyboy

Guest Dannyboy

I was able to get a hold of Dannyboy to inform her of her interview--typical of her, she was happy for 5 mins and then got straight down to planning, organizing, and thinking of ways everyone can benefit from each other's experiences....we are good friends but we are very, very different. No worries, I went out last night and celebrated for her!!!!! I think I will celebrate for her tonight too. Ha, ha

BACK TO THE P0ST:

She will not be back into town until about March 12th so she wanting me to post this since she wants to organize meetings for those interested. The meetings are meant to throw around different ideas regarding possible interview questions/scenarios...whatever.

She made it VERY clear that the invite is not intended to be for only those who were offered interviews---those who were unfortunately not offered interviews THIS YEAR (she stressed not giving up) may benefit from sharing with others just as much if not more than the interviewees. Meaning, perhaps you can all share your essay strategies among one another.

SO she proposes that meetings be set up for March 15th and March 22th somewhere near U of Toronto since it is central. There are apparently only three weekends before the start of the interviews??? She tentatively suggested booking a room at one of U of T's libraries but she has to wait until she gets back to find out if that is a possibility. She also suggested the Tim Hortons at the St. George station on Bloor street--the one next to OISE. I can find out the exact address if that is the choice most would prefer.

I've enable her "send a private message" link but I am not sure if I did it right---please let me know if there is a problem. I don't want to write her email address so hopefully this will work.

Please give me some feedback regarding this issue ASAP. I'll be talking to her this Sunday so I'd like to know what is up. Times are important--let me know what the general consensus is about the best times.

Good luck folks!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest macdaddyeh

Let Dannyboy know I'll think about it seeing that I'm often in the OISE/Robarts area. That said, this is very heavy crunch time for me; I've got three MASSIVE papers due in the next two weeks plus child minding so in the end I don't know, but I am open to the possibility for now;)

Guest mumfirst

Macdaddyeh,

You can't possibly mean that you are "babysitting" your own child when you say you have child minding!!! Don't you know that when they are your own you can't consider it babysitting? :lol

Dannyboy, as for the practice sessions, I would love to be involved but I live too far away. Besides, I have to babysit my daughter! :D

Guest macdaddyeh

Child-minding is my synonym for babysitting, with the recognition that, as you pointed out, I can't possibly "babysit" my own daughter.:lol

So, mumfirst, does this mean you have heard yet?

Guest grandmellon

This sounds like a great idea macdaddyeh! I was waitlisted unfortunately... so I don't know how much of a chance I have at getting an interview. But I'd like to practice for next year when I do get one ;)

MArch 22 weekend is best for me... just keep us posted!

thanks!

Guest Koggetsu

I might be interested in coming for the sessions, I am in Toronto all the time so, it will be alright for me, but I cannot make it for Mar 22nd weekend as i will be in Kingston for interview.

Guest Namgalsip

I'm with Koggetsu,

I would love to come to one of your sessions, it sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I'm also in Kingston for the 22nd. Perhaps we can arrange something for a weekday?? (wishful thinking, I know)

Nams

Guest UTMGirl

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I think that this is an excellent idea... I would love to join u guys if that is okay. I did receive an interview from Mac and I know that we all will benefit from this session. Any weekend is fine for me and please do let me know if you want me to book a room in Gerstein/Robarts.

Guest Dannyboy

UTMGirl: if you could book a room that would be great. Robarts might be better since it is usually easier for people to find. The times that you should book has yet to be decided--you can play it by ear though.

Dannyboy will be in town for a few hours on Sat but I won't be able to get a hold of her (I don't think so at this point but I'll see). I know she won't care about the times. So, go for it!

I don't know how the "instant messages" work so if I haven't gotten back to anyone who left a message--sorry!

Guest UWOMED2005

Macdaddyeh - in case you read this before Mumfirst replies. . . she has heard. She posted it in one of the other threads.

That being said, congrats to you both!

Guest mumfirst

UWOMED2005, Thanks for posting my update and for the congrats! Yep, I received my interview. (too many threads on the go at once!! :lol )

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi there,

I am very interested in being a part of the practice session. Does anybody know when a date and time will be announced? Are you inviting certain people or can I join in too?

Hi all,

I propose a Mac practice interview session for this Sunday, March 16th at Gerstein library on the U of T campus at 1:30 p.m. There is a fairly large group study area in the basement that we could use. For those of you who are interested, let's meet in the front entrance way (just off King's College Circle) at 1:30 p.m.

I thought we could have a format similar to that of the real interviews. That is, get a group together and discuss an issue. Then, evaluate how the discussion went and how each of us performed. Following this group session, we could then divide-up into groups of three and do 2 on 1 interviews for each member of the group, providing feedback at the end of each interview. If the group session takes 45 min and each interview and feedback takes 45 min, then we should be able to finish by 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.

Anyone interested? Please RSVP so that we know how many people to expect. If anyone wants to contact me directly, please send me a personal message.

Thanks,

PD

P.S. A map of the library

eir.library.utoronto.ca/library/guide/libraryMap.cfm?ID=111&detail=111

Guest macdaddyeh

Sunday is ALWAYS a bad day for me, but perhaps for others it works. If so, I'll try. I suggest alternatively, weekday, not weekend (open). Good suggestion for format though!

Guest MA2003

Hi PD,

I would love to attend - I think it's a great idea. So I'll definitely be there.

Is there any way that you (or someone) could post/message a confirmation that this meeting will indeed take place on Sun? That way, no one will travel downtown for nothing.

Thanks!

macdaddyeh:

Sorry about the Sunday date. It is the only day this weekend I can make it. I propose that we set-up a second session for next week (evening) sometime. How about you suggest the day. I am available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

MA2003:

I'll tally the confirmations and send-out a final post on Saturday confirming my attendance (and hopefully every other confirmee's attendance) for this coming Sunday.

PD

Guest toothyhuh

Why doens't the person organizing this post his/her e-mail address? Its much easier to co-ordinate that way than using thsi message board. The final date can then be posted here. Just a suggestion....

Gerstein sounds like a good place...

Guest grandmellon

I really want to come to a meeting, however I have an exam on monday night so sunday isn't good for me... I'm coming from london so the weekend is best... but I can make a stretch for thursday if anyone can meet then! So nam... how about thursday or the weekend? :) anyone else that can't meet this weekend?

Guest Dannyboy

Am I the only one saddened to read that "PD" doesn't stand for "Puff Daddy"? My only sense of relief over this rather bitter disappointment is that Puff Daddy's real name is Sean just like PDSP.

Thanks for making those arrangements PDSP. I was feeling very guilty about starting this thread and then...umm, doing nothing. Can I tentatively say yes to Sunday but cancel if I find I am not in the right space for the event? Rude, yes, I know but...have mercy Puff Daddy (had to get one more in).

If a meeting is held during the weekday, Tuesday and Weds are out for me (have to work) but any other evening is okay. Thanks

Archived