Premed 101 Forums

Interviewing practice sessions

Guest Dannyboy

Guest MACFORME

So are we having a practice session at 7pm and at 9pm? Where at Gerstein is it exactly, and what do we plan to do?

Thanks guys and gals

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lynlloyd

These directions to the basement study area at Gerstein were previously posted by PDSP (thanks again!).

The directions to the group study area, in case anyone is late, are:

1. Enter Gerstein's main entrance, up the steps, through the turn-stiles.

2. Make a right on the far side of the information desk to walk past the 5 or 6 photocopiers.

3. Keep walking straight and you will see a door straight ahead. Go through this door.

4. Now, you are in a stairwell which will take you down one level to the basement.

5. At the bottom of the stairwell, open the door, make a left, and go down another 3 stairs.

6. Walk straight till you come to a T in the hallway. Make a left.

7. The group study area is straight ahead, down a little ramp."

I think some folks a coming for 7 and then others can trickle in as they are able.

It's up the group how to spend the time. At sessions that I have been to previously, we ran through a few mock tutorial sessions and also practiced the feedback process. We may want to do more of the same......we may want to actually try some 3:1 interviews.........have general discussion about interview preparedness.....whatever we feel is most helpful to us on the night.

I'll plan to wait for others upstairs by the big glass doors from 7pm onwards. If you get there a little late then try and follow the directions in quotations above.

See you on Thursday.

Lynlloyd.

Guest MACFORME

Hope to see you all at 7pm by the big doors close the the payphone area. I think the group tutorial followed by intrerview session will be great. How long does will it probably go ? Because if I bring my car (which I prefer not to) I can leave as late as I want but if I take the bus the last bus leaves 10:30 pm. Do you think we might stick around longer than that? If so, I will drive.

Hope to see you all soon. The more the merrier :)

Guest toothyhuh

Since quite a few people are available on Thursday, that's when we will have a session. So here it is:

**Thursday, Apr 3, 7pm (prob until 10pm) @ Gerstein**

We will meet in the lobby at 7 and then go to either one of two places: either the area that Lynlloyd mentioned, or the group study rooms in the basement (1 below). There's only 4 of the latter, and usually full, so we'll have to see what's free.

I think we should have at least a few (2-3) simulated tutorial sessions (timed w/ feedback), and then perhaps personal interviews.

For the tutorial, based on what I've heard from people, there's an issue described in about 5 lines or so. So, I'd ask people to bring a health-related issue described in about 5 lines.

See you all then!

Edited - Sim Tut case is not as long as I first thought (1 page or so), its only about 5 lines. Phew!

Guest Lynlloyd

Hey Vw,

Hope you can make it tonight!!

I'm wondering if anybody can direct me to some parking around Gerstein. I'm driving down later and am unfamiliar with UofT campus.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Lynlloyd,

Glad to hear you're coming tonight.

You can get into the King's college parking lot from St. George St., just north of College. The enterence to the parking is on the East side of the street. You can drive to the library and park where spots are available. The cost is $5

Hope this helps.

Nams

Guest macdreams

Hi all!

I'll be there tonight (after my night class finishes around 8:30). Look forward to seeing some of you there! I had such a good time at the last practice session (two thursday's ago) I know this one will go even better!

Blackbird: Are you still able to come your interview insights with us?

VW: Hopefully you can make it! It wouldn't be the same without you :)

Lynlloyd: Nams gave you great directions... but if, for some totally odd reason, you can't access U of T parking, a good place to park would be along Hoskin (just off Queen's Park Cr.)

Beth: Will you be joining us? I'd love to meet you!

Macomere: Can you come out? It looks pretty unlikely that I'll get an interview this year... I can sympathise, we can chat some more :)

MacDreams

Guest macdreams

Hey everyone!

That was a really great practice session :D Thanks so much to everyone that came out... ESPECIALLY blackbird as she's already done for goodness sakes!! :eek

All your insights were incredable! With a little luck, I'll be able to apply them (if not this year, perhaps the next!:b )

md

Hi all,

I've been away from the message board for the last few days. However, I did want to wish everyone I've met through the practice interview sessions the best of luck on your interviews for this coming weekend.

Although the Mac interview process may be a little daunting, my experience was pleasantly relaxed. You meet with your group interview team before the actual simulated tutorial, so take some time to get to know everyone. For those of you who have not done too much self-evaluation, prepare your evaluation in advance (and modify according to your performance at the actual session).

Talk with you after the interviews!

PD

Guest VwDubber

Ok,

I have decided to show up on Thursday at around 8 pm (or whenever they stop charging for parking at the lot in King's College Circle ... b/c I'm BROKE |I )

Can people just post a quick reply to let me know if they are going to be able to make it. I would hate to end up talking to myself, since I can just stay home and do that :b

Tanks tanks,

VDub-

Guest WTBMED3

Hi guys: Sorry that I could not make it tonight. I had some serious car trouble....just what I need >: Anyways.... I just wanted to thank you all so much for your help with this interview process. I hope to meet you guys on Saturday. (10:05 :P )

I am not sure if I can make the Thursday night session. I will try to be there. Any chance we can chat on the chat line - to practice?

Guest VwDubber

Thanks folks,

See you then :)

I just found out about your meetings and I would like to join you on Thu.Can you tell me where you're meeting?

I believe most people are meeting at around 8-8:30 pm in the lobby of the main entrance of Gerstein Library. From there, we're going to go down to the group study in the basement. Instructions on how to get there in case you're late have been posted by several people in this thread.

Hope that helps,

VDub-

gti.jpg

Archived