Premed 101 Forums

Interviewing practice sessions

Guest Dannyboy

Hi All,

Unfortunately, something important has come-up that will cause me to miss tonight's mock interview session. I believe Namgalsip will be there, along with Lynlloyd, along with a few others. Have fun!

I was thinking of setting-up another session next week (Wed or Thursday). Any preference?

Thanks,

PD

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lynlloyd

PDSP

So sad to hear you won't be able to make it! You'll be missed!

I'd like to try and make as many sessions as possible (I need all the help I can get). I think I will probably be able to make it again next week but I have to check the schedules of various people!

I hope to see you next week and that all is well with you.

Lynlloyd.

Guest VwDubber

Just wanted to say it was really nice to be able to put solid faces to those nicks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you G. mellon and M. dreams

Cheers!

K~

Guest toothyhuh

Hi everyone, I was thinking we should plan for two sessions next week for the benefit of those who'll be interviewing next weekend. I suggest Tuesday and/or Thursday. I'd guess some time in the evening around 6 or 7 would be good for most people.

So here's the deal:

Tuesday, Mar 25 @ Gerstein - 6 or 7 pm

AND/OR

Thursday, Mar 27 @ Gerstein - 6 or 7 pm

Please post if you can make either one or both of these times, or you can suggest a totally diff time.

Guest macdreams

Thanks, VwDubber!

I agree... it was really nice to meet a lot of you last night. You all got me very excited about preparing for a possible interview. Hopewfully, I'll be able to make a session next week (Wed. is best for me as I have night class Tues. and Thurs.) but if not, I hope to meet some of you again at interviews (?!?!)

Best of luck, everyone!

MacDreams

P.S. It was really nice to meet you Macomere... I hope you keep applying, and applying 'cause I know you'd make an excellent MD someday :)

Guest Dannyboy

I work both Wed and Thurs until 8pm but Wed is already a 14 hour day and I will be finishing up an essay this Weds after work sooooooooo pretty well no way I could make that session. Obviously, don't plan anything around my schedule but if something is arranged for another day than I will make it. Thanks!

Guest MACOMERE

I tried to send some private messages to thank you individually but it does not appear to work.

Dannyboy: You took your precious time to read my essay - I am so grateful for your comments and your advice. I really am.:)

Blackbird: you're a sweetheart - I would email you today!

Your offering to help me means alot!

Macdreams: thank you for your kind words. Truly wishing you all the best.

grandmellon - you're one funny guy!

N. - once again I thank you for your advice about

my YCI plans to Guyana this summer. You make it sound so inspiring.

Lynlloyd: I think you're an amazing candidate. Don't forget to mention that you have a "7" year old in the interview!;)

VwDubber: hope your are rewarded for your obvious dedication.

Macomere

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi all,

Thursday is a better option for me. I'm not able to make Wednesday at all. Tuesday is a also possible.

Macomere:

Thanks for all your kind words. Keep going for it....you will succeed ;) . Simply coming to the last session speaks volumes.

Hope to see some of you next week.

Lynlloyd.

Guest Blackbird15

Hi there,

First, it was a pleasure meeting all of you on Thursday. The mock session was definitely helpful in giving me an idea of what to expect at the interview. I would especially like to thank Nams for sharing her interview experience with us.

As for another session, I would like to attend the one on Thursday, but may or may not be able to. I may be in Toronto next week (either on the 2nd or 3rd). If those of you who have your interview on the 5th or 6th would like to get together to talk about my interview experience (I have mine this weekend), let me know.

blackbird

p.s. Macomere, definitely feel free to email me! Also, if you're looking for international experience, let me know. I may have some good tips for you on where to look. Same to you, grandmellon.

Guest VwDubber

Hey Blackbird,

I am going to take you up on your post-interview discussion offer. If it's okay with you, I'd like to organize another session that week (at your convenience) so that others may also benefit from your pearls of wisdom !!! :hat

GOOD LUCK ... I'm rooting for you!

K~

Guest VwDubber

>VwDubber: hope your are rewarded for your obvious >dedication.

Thanks for your kind words :) If you need someone else to proofread your essay, then let me know. I'll try my best to help you out to ensure you get that interview :)

Guest Lynlloyd

Blackbird15,

I would really appreciate getting together with you to learn about your experience at Mac. Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Hi all,

Do we have any concrete plans for getting togther this week? Can somebody post if there is a planned practice session as I am able to attend any day other than Wednesday.

If I don't see any of you this week, GOOD LUCK to all who are interviewing this coming weekend (PDSP and Blackbird15).

Keep your cool, you are excellent candidates. Just show them what wonderful people you are....I'll be rooting for you!

Lynlloyd.

Guest toothyhuh

Hi everyone, it seems everyone who has responded can make it on Thursday, so Thursday it is.

Thursday, March 27, 7 p.m. @ Gerstein

As usual, we'll meet in the front lobby.

The following have indicated their availability on Thur:

Lynlloyd

Blackbird15

SoHo

Dannyboy

PDSP

moi!

See you then.

Toothyhuh:

Great leadership initiative!!!

PDSP is in for Thursday.

PD

Nam: Although we thought Wednesday would work best for us, it appears everyone else can more readily attend a Thursday session. So, we'll just have to pack Wednesday night!

Guest Namgalsip

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Thursday session. Going to a P-A-R-T-Y! I decided that I really need to get my priorities straight! :rollin

Anyhow, if anyone wants to get together on Wed. let me know.

ciao,

Nams

Nam:

Wednesday? Sure. 7 pm Gerstein?

It may be just you and me. I think C.N. is out West for interviews.

Anyone else interested?

PD

Guest JenniferL

Hi, I am interviewing at Mac this weekend, and would like to join your group on Thursday at Gerstein. If you don't mind, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jen

Guest Namgalsip

Hey PD,

that's C *J* N! and I think he's flying out Thursday but he's just plain sick of us..jk :lol

Lets make Wed tentative for now. I'll email you to confirm tomorrow.

Nams

Guest Blackbird15

hi there,

actually, I probably won't be able to make it on Thursday. I'll just be getting back from another interview, and I may not be able to stomach more travelling. However, as I mentioned before, I'll be around next thursday (after my Mac interview) to talk about how it went (not sure about time yet).

blackbird singing in the dead of night...

Archived