Premed 101 Forums

Chance of getting into Dental School in Ontario

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what you guys think my chances of getting into Dental School in Ontario are. I will be applying next year and I will write the DATs this upcoming November. I am from Ontario so I know my chances in other provinces are very slim and Ontario is pretty much my only hope.

So for Western, my top two years GPA is 91. And for U oft T my GPA (overall minus worst year) is 3.95. My overall GPA in university is 3.92.

I also only have an undergraduate degree and my ECs are honestly not that great. I have one year hospital volunteering, part time job for two years, and research (volunteering not paid job) for 1 year. That is literally it. I will try to shadow a dentist this summer though. 

Looking forward to your responses!  

18 hours ago, kris9519 said:

What ECs would you guys recommend for Western? I will for sure be shadowing a dentist during the summer but is there anything else that they like? 

I just want to say that you're competitive for UofT. If you can at least get 20/20 on AA and PAT then you're golden. My stats are lower than yours and I got in this year.

Archived