Premed 101 Forums

Average Age of Acceptance PT. To old?

I'm just finishing my Masters degree now and will be 25 when applying next year to physiotherapy programs. I was accepted in the past to a few programs but was unable to attend do to some health issues. I was just wondering how old you guys are that are applying or average age upon starting the program?

I'm aware most people are in their early 20's but I was wondering how many of you started a little later.... I'm feeling a little behind now when applying.

Also does anyone know if PT schools count your masters program gpa in the calculation... My undergrad is way higher! Thanks 

Hoping to get in again! 

Thanks

1 hour ago, SportsPT said:

I'm just finishing my Masters degree now and will be 25 when applying next year to physiotherapy programs. I was accepted in the past to a few programs but was unable to attend do to some health issues. I was just wondering how old you guys are that are applying or average age upon starting the program?

I'm aware most people are in their early 20's but I was wondering how many of you started a little later.... I'm feeling a little behind now when applying.

Also does anyone know if PT schools count your masters program gpa in the calculation... My undergrad is way higher! Thanks 

Hoping to get in again! 

Thanks

Don’t worry about that. You do you! I’m about the same age. 

I believe the average age for this years Queen's cohort is 24. You're never too old to pursue education.

As for GPA calculation, most schools will only use your last 2 years of undergraduate coursework. Having a masters just makes your application stronger.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:02 PM, SportsPT said:

Hoping to get in again! 

Thanks

Archived