Premed 101 Forums

new spots

Guest CC

Guest Andy

My Understanding was that 80 spots were opening up over the next two years. 40 this year and 40 next year. Therefore, I'd guess that Mac will once again open up 8 extra spots for September. Excellent News!!!!

Guest Anon

Finally some good news! It is wonderful to hear that there is some initiative to increase the number of Canadian medical graduates. Even though I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from Mac this news is reassuring. More 1st year openings in medical schools is good news for everyone wanting to go into this profession.

Guest Andy

Thanks for the correction suovren!!! That sounds even better than before. I can't believe we're so close to hearing. I can barely contain myself!!!

Guest gucio93

I just read a news release posted on Mac's webpage that they are anticipating 30-40 of the new spots. I hope they make the final decision soon - only 9 days left!

Guest Ian Wong

Hi gucio93,

Would you be able to type in the URL for that announcement? I took a quick look for it, but couldn't find it. Best of luck to everyone, looks like you'll find out really soon! :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived