Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan 2015 vs 2018

and please don't listen to those "high" and "low" yield crap. I remember looking at those dumb stars after my test and I was tested on multiple things which had one star... kaplan books are great in my opinion just treat everything as fair game. 

I used the 2015 books to study for my MCAT taken on 2017. In my opinion, it is incomplete because there seems to be a lot of stuff added to the testable material since then, particularly for the Psychology section. I suggest you rely on the KA 100 page review that's available on the MCAT subreddit to cover the psychology topics. 

Also, the 2015 books don't teach you the AA code by their letter, which is needed for the exam. Ofc, you could just learn that by yourself. Overall, I would say you could rely on your 2015 books for all of the sections aside from the AA code, and there are a few extra in depth stuff on Khan Academy for the biology sections (like skin cells) and a lot of extra stuff for the psychology/sociology componenet for which the 2015 book is unfit. 

I was still able to score a very solid mark despite this, but only because I realized after doing some of the sample tests the lack of knowledge that I had to cover with the help of KA/other sources in certain fields. 

Archived