Premed 101 Forums

Do We Have The Same Casper "grade" For Both Ottawa And Mac?

Hello,

I got a quick question for you guys, hope you can answer me. 

I just performed for the first time Casper in Quebec. I got 12 scenarios, and 3 questions for each. I left 2 questions in scenario 5 empty. Would that be VERY VERY bad? I wasn't focused and didn't understand the video, so I couldn't answer to any question:S

Thank you

Hello,

I got a quick question for you guys, hope you can answer me. 

I just performed for the first time Casper in Quebec. I got 12 scenarios, and 3 questions for each. I left 2 questions in scenario 5 empty. Would that be VERY VERY bad? I wasn't focused and didn't understand the video, so I couldn't answer to any question:S

Thank you

Well, firstly, we don't even know how Ottawa looks at CASPer. For all we know, it may not have any weight on your application, or may just be used as a tie-breaker. The point is, CASPer likely won't make or break you for Ottawa like it would for McMaster. 

Second: I believe CASPer drops your best/worst prompt (to remove outliers), so if you truly bombed that prompt, it may likely be removed.

Third: when I wrote CASPer this year, many of my last question slots were very short (a few words or one sentence long) because I answered the first or first two questions in considerable length. Despite that, I believe I must've gotten a high CASPer score in order to receive an interview from McMaster with a the following stats: cGPA of 3.62 and CARS of 129. 

So don't panic. Just sit back and forget about it. It's not going to be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. 

Thanks Boss!

I appreciate your message. I'll try to froget about it, we never know how universtity looks at Casper, or how do they evaluate it. 

Because overall i think i did well, and don't want to be rejected for a 5sec lack of concentration...

We'll see:)

Well, firstly, we don't even know how Ottawa looks at CASPer. For all we know, it may not have any weight on your application, or may just be used as a tie-breaker. The point is, CASPer likely won't make or break you for Ottawa like it would for McMaster. 

Second: I believe CASPer drops your best/worst prompt (to remove outliers), so if you truly bombed that prompt, it may likely be removed.

Third: when I wrote CASPer this year, many of my last question slots were very short (a few words or one sentence long) because I answered the first or first two questions in considerable length. Despite that, I believe I must've gotten a high CASPer score in order to receive an interview from McMaster with a the following stats: cGPA of 3.62 and CARS of 129. 

So don't panic. Just sit back and forget about it. It's not going to be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. 

Archived