Premed 101 Forums

Becoming An Mcat Tutor For The Summer?

Maverick

I really recommend it, because I have had a very pleasant experience myself. You may not be able to travel for two months, however. It depends on the company and on how late they will be offering their classes. The only contract I had to sign was about using the materials and the teaching format only for the company how trained me and gave me those materials, which is more than fair. Other than that, they ask me if I want to teach again every Summer. Overall, I found it a super nice gig.

Honestly, it's not about your grades after a certain cut-off point, which I believe you meet and surpass with ease. Teaching is about pedagogy and being able to make people of multiple academic and cognitive backgrounds have that "oh damn, I get it now!" Moment. Since you've tutored before, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. As far as background goes, yours is very similar to mine and I did just fine! I'm with TPR :D I got in late April, so if you want to teach this year you've gotta be reaching out to people very soon. Best of luck!

Honestly, it's not about your grades after a certain cut-off point, which I believe you meet and surpass with ease. Teaching is about pedagogy and being able to make people of multiple academic and cognitive backgrounds have that "oh damn, I get it now!" Moment. Since you've tutored before, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. As far as background goes, yours is very similar to mine and I did just fine! I'm with TPR :D I got in late April, so if you want to teach this year you've gotta be reaching out to people very soon. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for all the information! I'm gonna wrap up my finals this week and start applying everywhere :)

Archived