Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

So I didn’t get any emails from UdeM Dent, but I did get another email from Pharma.  So is it over for me? R score is pretty descent about 38 and my casper went well. I was just wondering if I should just give up or wait for “other waves”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

So I didn’t get any emails from UdeM Dent, but I did get another email from Pharma.  So is it over for me? R score is pretty descent about 38 and my casper went well. I was just wondering if I should just give up or wait for “other waves”.

Je pense mm pas qu une vague soit sortie. Il n y a que notre collègue plus haut qui a reçu quelque chose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dmdinch said:

Je pense mm pas qu une vague soit sortie. Il n y a que notre collègue plus haut qui a reçu quelque chose

Several friends of mine either from Dawson or Vanier got an official email from DENT UdeM. I haven't received any emails nor deposits from DENT, but on the other hand, I was sent an additional email congratulating me for getting into Pharma, which is really odd. I just don't get why I haven't received an email yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

Several friends of mine either from Dawson or Vanier got an official email from DENT UdeM. I haven't received any emails nor deposits from DENT, but on the other hand, I was sent an additional email congratulating me for getting into Pharma, which is really odd. I just don't get why I haven't received an email yet.

The casper counts twice as much for dent (40%) as for pharm (20%). Maybe that's why you got news from pharm but not dent! I also have several friends from cegep who got news from dent! Don't give up, you getting into pharm is definitely a good sign :) Just wait a bit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

Several friends of mine either from Dawson or Vanier got an official email from DENT UdeM. I haven't received any emails nor deposits from DENT, but on the other hand, I was sent an additional email congratulating me for getting into Pharma, which is really odd. I just don't get why I haven't received an email yet.

Did someone you know receive a rejection email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon la faut que qqn m explique je vais me facher la.

Ya une vague qui sort et des refus.

Mais moi j ai rien reçu, je peux pas être pas accepté et pas refusé...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dmdinch said:

Bon la faut que qqn m explique je vais me facher la.

Ya une vague qui sort et des refus.

Mais moi j ai rien reçu, je peux pas être pas accepté et pas refusé...........

La patience est une vertue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a question. Among those who have received an acceptance letter from DENT UdeM, did u have to do an additional interview for the faculty of Dentistry? Did u have to do a separate interview from the one asked by the faculty of Medicine from UdeM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

I just had a question. Among those who have received an acceptance letter from DENT UdeM, did u have to do an additional interview for the faculty of Dentistry? Did u have to do a separate interview from the one asked by the faculty of Medicine from UdeM?

At UdeM they only look at your grades and your Casper !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

I just had a question. Among those who have received an acceptance letter from DENT UdeM, did u have to do an additional interview for the faculty of Dentistry? Did u have to do a separate interview from the one asked by the faculty of Medicine from UdeM?

Hi, I didn't have to do any other interview than the Casper. But the faculty of dentistry at UdeM may invite some people for an interview if their Casper results are inconclusive. However both the Casper and the interview are different than the one for medicine (the MEMs). Only McGill premeds and predents have the same interviews as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DMDOneDay said:

Hi, I didn't have to do any other interview than the Casper. But the faculty of dentistry at UdeM may invite some people for an interview if their Casper results are inconclusive. However both the Casper and the interview are different than the one for medicine (the MEMs). Only McGill premeds and predents have the same interviews as far as I know.

Thanks, Great to know. A bit worried tbh, haven't received any answers from DENT yet, and it is kinda odd cuz I feel like a lot of competent students are stuck in the same situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

Thanks, Great to know. A bit worried tbh, haven't received any answers from DENT yet, and it is kinda odd cuz I feel like a lot of competent students are stuck in the same situation.

I think that they've only given out answers to ~15 students so far, there's probably a lot more answers coming after the answers for medicine come out. It happens every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mdMD1 said:

Pour ceux que ça intéresse, j'ai été accepté hier à 14:39. Je ne connais pas ma CRU, mais j'avais un bon feeling pour le test Casper.

Congrats! I am really concerned since some friends of mine have gotten an answer from UdeM DENT and I am genuily happy for them, but I havent heard anything back from DENT. I wonder how many CEGEP applicants have received an acceptance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

Congrats! I am really concerned since some friends of mine have gotten an answer from UdeM DENT and I am genuily happy for them, but I havent heard anything back from DENT. I wonder how many CEGEP applicants have received an acceptance.

Tu as juste appliqué à UDEM? Si tu as appliqué à UDEL et que tu as été convoqué, tu as de bonnes chances d'être sur LA ou accepté (expérience personnelle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pharm90 said:

Tu as juste appliqué à UDEM? Si tu as appliqué à UDEL et que tu as été convoqué, tu as de bonnes chances d'être sur LA ou accepté (expérience personnelle)

I applied to both UdeM & McGill in DENT. I am 4th on the waiting list at McGill, which is quite decent, but I haven't heard back from UdeM where as other friends of mine who are way lower in Waiting list already got their acceptance letter. The wait is killing me. ahhh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex.M.D said:

I applied to both UdeM & McGill in DENT. I am 4th on the waiting list at McGill, which is quite decent, but I haven't heard back from UdeM where as other friends of mine who are way lower in Waiting list already got their acceptance letter. The wait is killing me. ahhh

  

Ne t'inquiète pas mCgILL est ultra compétitif c'est un bon signe. Sometimes it takes time before you get your answer, avec un casper correcte et ta cote tu auras surement une admission après le 15!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mdMD1 said:

Pour ceux que ça intéresse, j'ai été accepté hier à 14:39. Je ne connais pas ma CRU, mais j'avais un bon feeling pour le test Casper.

Félicitations!! Est-ce que c'était un dépot ou un courriel d'acceptation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DMD_2019 said:

Félicitations!! Est-ce que c'était un dépot ou un courriel d'acceptation? 

Je pense c'est le courriel pcq tu peux pas savoir a quelle heure exacte tu as recu le dépot et le courriel suit un ou deux jours apres le dépot qui etait lundi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMD_2019 said:

Félicitations!! Est-ce que c'était un dépot ou un courriel d'acceptation? 

Oui c'était un courriel, mais j'avais eu le dépôt quelques jours avant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×