Premed 101 Forums

To all those with an interview, it's not a matter of if, but when. (+ questions)

To all those with an interview, it's not a matter of if you get in, but when.

Just a reminder to my fellow applicants who are waiting for UBC results to come out. UBC does not send interview invitations to people they wouldn't consider accepting. For people who didn't receive an interview this year, I was in your shoes for several years: you've just gotta keep working at it.

There are plenty of anecdotal examples floating around on the forum of people with below average GPAs/MCATs/etc getting in, and of cases where people are rejected with above average interviews/GPAs/MCATs/etc. One friend of mine was rejected with an above average interview one year and accepted the following year, even though the rest of their application remained unchanged (aside from increased hours due to the added year). 

----

With that in mind, I'm definitely quite nervous about the upcoming results, so I'm interested to see what others are worried about. Please share what you're nervous about (& reassured by?). I'll go first, and will be formatting mine based on that "panic - calm - panic" meme template, which is a bit more interesting to read. 

Panik: One thing that made you panic about your application
Kalm: One thing that made you calm about your application
panik.jpg.ed1dd1a8e82d449d7d204f57f17b3cb2.jpg: Something that made you no longer calm about your application

image.png.29539afc86bb1e665e80d4091d7c99d2.png

16 minutes ago, mdpwns1763 said:

I’m nervous because this is my fourth application, second interview, and my mcat is expiring. 

I'm going to be in a similar situation to you if I don't make it in this year. I hope it goes well for you! (Or, if it doesn't, that you find it in yourself to continue trying – or find solace in knowing that you tried your hardest, and that's something to be proud of, even if med school admissions doesn't see that.)

23 minutes ago, HongHongHong said:

I'm going to be in a similar situation to you if I don't make it in this year. I hope it goes well for you! (Or, if it doesn't, that you find it in yourself to continue trying – or find solace in knowing that you tried your hardest, and that's something to be proud of, even if med school admissions doesn't see that.)

I hope it goes well for you too! Here’s to hoping that section where you tick off how many times you have applied pays off and they factor it in