Premed 101 Forums

Finally found a realistic MMI platform online

CandorV

I've been looking around for some ways to practice the MMI after being waitlisted last year. i really wasn't used to the webcamming so was just browsing around for online practice solutions. Came across some consulting companies but they were so... outdated? And it didn't really feel like a real MMI either. It's hard to explain.

This MMI question was shared on some MMI practice groups and thought I'd share with PM101!

https://www.videoath.com/promos/sample-mmi-question

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CandorV,

Thanks for checking us out. We're so glad you had a good experience. For you and any others who submitted responses, we have your videos that we'd be happy to share with you. It's always so rewarding to see all the different perspectives on such thought-provoking questions. We want you to ace your interviews and part of that means reviewing your responses to see where you can improve. Message us so we can send you your practice responses! 

- Jeremy ^_^

On 8/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, FutureERDoc said:

Not sure why I would pay for MMI questions I could do for free with others over Skype. Also not sure why I would take advice from a lawyer on medical MMI interviews.

Hey FuturERDoc (emergency med is great btw),

Great feedback and totally agree. I felt the same way when I first started practising for the MMI. We're hoping to build a community by trying something new. Users can now practice student-submitted questions for free. Here's a question that was submitted recently that you can practise with https://www.videoath.com/community/1 These questions will always be free and you can practise as many times as you want. 

When I was practising with my buddies years ago, we would use a camera to film ourselves so that we could re-watch (and cringe...) at how we did. We watched for unprofessional mannerisms, word-ticks, and rambling... oh boy... the rambling... So, we made it possible for users to download their submissions. That's a feature we developed and hope that users find valuable.

And, lastly, I was on PM101 like 10 years ago and wouldn't have gotten into med school and be in practice now without it. We added a feature to submit your own MMI question so everyone improves. Our goal is to have a repository of free practice questions for everyone. 

Hope that helps!

- Jeremy ^_^

On 8/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, CandorV said:

I've been looking around for some ways to practice the MMI after being waitlisted last year. i really wasn't used to the webcamming so was just browsing around for online practice solutions. Came across some consulting companies but they were so... outdated? And it didn't really feel like a real MMI either. It's hard to explain.

This MMI question was shared on some MMI practice groups and thought I'd share with PM101!

https://www.videoath.com/promos/sample-mmi-question

Site actually looks pretty good. Anyone know of similar sites?

PM101,

Took the feedback we received and created a community hub for everyone to post and practice questions for free. Practice as many times as you'd like and download your responses with an account. I know it's very early in the game of applications but a little practice every day or week goes a long way. Question submissions are encouraged - they'll be reviewed and updated daily for the entire community to see and practise. Our community hub will always be free. Let us know what else we can do to make practising a better experience - we love feedback!

Visit the community hub where users submit questions voluntarily and practise free: https://www.videoath.com/community/hub

- Jeremy ^_^