Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I don't see the big harm in asking here anyway :) there's a lot of people on this forum from York and this thread in particular is quite active and has a lot of resource-sharing between York students. She never said she didn't post in the York forum as well - no big deal anyways

It isn't a big deal, but it is stupid. You'd get a faster reply posting in the class groups or asking the prof after a lecture. I'm not a fan of stupidity, bro.

It isn't a big deal, but it is stupid. You'd get a faster reply posting in the class groups or asking the prof after a lecture. I'm not a fan of stupidity, bro.

Here are some facts,

1. there is no discussion board

2. there are no dates listed for the exams in the course outline

3. plenty of people have asked questions about their classes here. Relax.

I didn't get a reply to my email either and it's been a week. Honestly, I have no clue how this class is being run. There is nothing posted on moodle.

Well there's your answer deadlybutterfly

No, there are most likely multiple lectures a week and the prof usually sticks around a bit after class to answer some questions. If for someone reason this doesn't work then there are various groups for the class. Hell, you can even probably find a facebook group for that orgo class. Discussion boards also. And the prof will reply to an email anyways. And why not ask a TA in a lab? Aren't labs every week in the summer? Surely you have peers, also. Come on. Posting in a forum and asking a specific question about an undergrad class is something most people wouldn't think of because it is stupid.

Omg shut up dude lol theres no discussion forum on moodle yet, the prof hasnt really fixed it yet.

You can skip over my post little boy.

No, there are most likely multiple lectures a week and the prof usually sticks around a bit after class to answer some questions. If for someone reason this doesn't work then there are various groups for the class. Hell, you can even probably find a facebook group for that orgo class. Discussion boards also. And the prof will reply to an email anyways. And why not ask a TA in a lab? Aren't labs every week in the summer? Surely you have peers, also. Come on. Posting in a forum and asking a specific question about an undergrad class is something most people wouldn't think of because it is stupid.

Classes are mon-wed, I posed this question on thurs/friday and even went to his office hours and he was not there.

This is technically a discussion board anyways. Some professors are busy and can't reply to emails. Sometimes, people forget to ask their prof or TA. It's perfectly fine for someone to ask a question regarding a class their taking in a thread dedicated to their university. Chances are someone may know the answer, and obviously people who post here about certain classes are always going to double check with their prof and peers later.

+1 and do you know how many times people have discussed classes on here? It seems pretty logical to ask for me. Look, i even found fellow orgo classmates.

Classes are mon-wed, I posed this question on thurs/friday and even went to his office hours and he was not there.

Guess what? You can find out tomorrow! And if it isn't posted in the course outline then the prof should have said something about it on the first day of class. If not then the rumors of York are true.

Tomorrow's Victoria Day.

Are you done trolling yet?

Either way, my point still stands. The prof isn't dumb enough to not inform a class when the midterm would be. He will tell you well in advance and if conflicts occur, I'm sure there are early/late writes or the % can move to an exam. It's nothing to get stressed over.

Either way, my point still stands. The prof isn't dumb enough to not inform a class when the midterm would be. He will tell you well in advance and if conflicts occur, I'm sure there are early/late writes or the % can move to an exam. It's nothing to get stressed over.

lol dude I asked a question. And Im pretty sure he told us the tentative dates on the first day of class, I missed the first one, I think the second one was June 19th and thats why I asked incase there was one early june/late may and someone else had caught it. I was hoping for a reply either thurs or friday or even saturday because waiting until tomorrow would have been a little late for me. I need to tell my manager when I can work. He did not reply to my emails nor was he in during his office hours.

Does this now make sense to you? Or do you need flash cards?

http://www.yorku.ca/hr/documents/Salary_Disclosure_Report_2011.pdf

http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/publications/salarydisclosure/2012/univer12l.html

Not a single prof at york has an MD, whereas normal universities have more than 50+ teaching at the undergrad level

How sad. And people are here trying to defend this trash school.... hahaha. Inflation, crappy profs, students trying to defend their ego, hahahah. And you rarely hear about these 4.0 idiots at york getting into med school. There's something called an MCAT -- it's not inflated. Tough luck.

http://www.yorku.ca/hr/documents/Salary_Disclosure_Report_2011.pdf

http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/publications/salarydisclosure/2012/univer12l.html

Not a single prof at york has an MD, whereas normal universities have more than 50+ teaching at the undergrad level

How sad. And people are here trying to defend this trash school.... hahaha. Inflation, crappy profs, students trying to defend their ego, hahahah. And you rarely hear about these 4.0 idiots at york getting into med school. There's something called an MCAT -- it's not inflated. Tough luck.

I lost so many IQ points reading your post that even york is gonna be too much for me now

damn.

>"i'm not replying to you"

>replies to me

typical york "premed"

Incapable of understanding that "not replying" was referring to the content not the post itself, while thinking that he's clever for pointing out the obvious.

Typical person that'd have the username jackedbrah

Incapable of understanding that "not replying" was referring to the content not the post itself, while thinking that he's clever for pointing out the obvious.

Typical person that'd have the username jackedbrah

>"i'm not replying to you"

>replies to me three times

typical york "premed"