Premed 101 Forums

Med and dating

Quality is so much better than quantity for relationships. Maybe not seeing each other as often will be good for you. It can help define personal boundaries and strengthen your relationship and devotion to each other. You can get through these years and enjoy them, nothing is impossible.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the answer to that question as I had already read your post above. I just asked it for emphasis.

Never judge a relationship from the outside. Never listen to your friends when they tell you about their relationships.

I acknowledge that I can't speak from personal experience when discussing dating others much different from me. Indeed much of what I've been saying is theoretical and based on intuition, reasoning and inference. However, that doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

Look I'm not saying that dating people with many differences is a guaranteed amazing relationship. Of course both you AND the partner need to be flexible, adaptable and open-minded (among other things) enough to make it work. And I'm sure you probably have to go through a few bumpy relationships before you find one that fits. That being said, I do still believe that this type of relationship has more potential to lead to the best relationships. This is my personal opinion and conclusions at the moment.

I've dated people that I have a lot in common with, and I can tell you that I got very bored of the relationships very quickly and had to break it off with some other wise nice (and attractive) people. This is never fun, but it had to be done. I didn't feel like these relationships were challenging me to try new things, self-reflect on my own views and preferences,see the world under lenses etc.

So I stay resolved to date only people who are much different that me. I'm confident I'll find a great match some day even if it means some extra effort.

...but listen to a stranger on the internet?

I'd be more inclined to believe in the honesty of a stranger's opinion on his relationship than a friend's opinion on his relationship.

I've dated people that I have a lot in common with, and I can tell you that I got very bored of the relationships very quickly and had to break it off with some other wise nice (and attractive) people. This is never fun, but it had to be done. I didn't feel like these relationships were challenging me to try new things, self-reflect on my own views and preferences,see the world under lenses etc.

So I stay resolved to date only people who are much different that me. I'm confident I'll find a great match some day even if it means some extra effort.

Have you ever considered the option that this all might have been caused by the fact that you were boring?

Oh; the problem is expecting to live a 500K lifestyle when you pull in 50K. If he is happy living a 50K lifestyle, then that is fine.

If his earning potential is 50K and he loves his job so much, then when we separate, he should be happy living with his 50K. He shouldn't have a piece of my 500K.

What????!!!!! Shrinks making 500K????!!!! I am a psych resident and has never heard any shrink make that sort of an income, ever.

Edit: for those of you who are confused, Renin's unquoted new post signature states that she is now a first year psych resident.

• 9 months later...
What????!!!!! Shrinks making 500K????!!!! I am a psych resident and has never heard any shrink make that sort of an income, ever.

Edit: for those of you who are confused, Renin's unquoted new post signature states that she is now a first year psych resident.

Shrinks can make more than that - I have been told it's all in the billing. :)

• 5 years later...
18 hours ago, Zelidod said:

I absolutely agree with you. online dating, this is absolutely real. Especially in the 21st century, when there are many sites and applications for online dating. For example, here you can try your luck on online sites. But before registering on a particular resource, I would advise you to first read review and only then, when you choose the best option for you, register.  Here for example you can read fuckr reviews for example. I have been using this resource for a long time, here people are responsive and make excellent contact.

Bad bot