Premed 101 Forums

Uoft 2015 Acceptance/rejection/waitlist

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey so ive been reading this forum for a long time and it has really made me nervous seeing all these stats and Dat scores greater than mine, but i want to post for anyone reading this in who may have these insecurities,

IP

GPA: 3.91

DAT: AA 22 Pat 20

Interview: "really" above average

3rd year applicant

Will be accepting (obviously). Don't be discouraged when you read about all these 3.95s, a good interview really outshines a good GPA. Best of luck!

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is? Is it like 30 people and beyond that they gave 39 rejections or is it literally a waitlist of 69 people? Just curious.

During last year apparently there was around 40 people on the wait-list. So I think they do send out rejections (not that it's important).

Accepted!

IP

GPA: ~3.87

AA: 23, PAT: 22, RC: 28

Interview: Above Average 

Year: 4th year undergrad

Was truly surprised to get an interview!

I feel that the interviews must hold more weight than we think...!!

Will likely be declining

Best of luck everyone!

Anyone got accepted to U of T and not bothering to show up for their Western interview? Just wondering if this is a common occurrence since U of T tends to release their acceptances before Western even has their interviews.

Honestly, I was going to go for Western interview as well. But I talked to some of my friends in dentistry as well as few uoft dentistry alumni. All of them told me that's unfair. if you got accepted to UofT and that's your first choice, please don't go for Western. because there are some people who only been invited for western and that's their only choice, if we go for the interview, there is high chance that they will give us the acceptance and they will be left out. 

if you place yourself in their shoes you see that's really not fair. 

I'm going to call them tomorrow, so hopefully they can give my spot to another potentiated student.

Accepted... but a 2 grand deposit required by May 1, before Western (and med school) acceptances come out? That's a damn scam that I don't think I'll be partaking in.

I'm so sorry but I'm going to be harsh with you. 

If you are even not sure that you want to go to dentistry or medical school, I think it's better to take a break and decide first before applying. Some people think just because they have good marks they should go to med or Dent school. and I don't know why uoft won't put these candidates away. 

when I applied for US dental schools, they were very strict about this, and they asked in the application if you have applied for med school as well or not. and most schools won't even consider your application if they see you have applied to both. 

at this point in your life you have to have at least know what you want to be. and I really don't know how people can answer to interview questions honestly, when they are just simply putting on a show to get into a school. 

I don't know if you were one of these types of students or not. and I'm sorry if you felt offended, but this is a serious choice that people have to make way before applying. 

I'm so sorry but I'm going to be harsh with you. 

If you are even not sure that you want to go to dentistry or medical school, I think it's better to take a break and decide first before applying. Some people think just because they have good marks they should go to med or Dent school. and I don't know why uoft won't put these candidates away. 

when I applied for US dental schools, they were very strict about this, and they asked in the application if you have applied for med school as well or not. and most schools won't even consider your application if they see you have applied to both. 

at this point in your life you have to have at least know what you want to be. and I really don't know how people can answer to interview questions honestly, when they are just simply putting on a show to get into a school. 

I don't know if you were one of these types of students or not. and I'm sorry if you felt offended, but this is a serious choice that people have to make way before applying. 

This may be a harsh reality but some people apply to dental school as a back-up while having medical school as their primary goal. I totally get where you are coming from and what you are trying to say here, but I think they knew what they were doing when they wrote both DAT and MCAT to apply to both professional schools. Let's try to keep it cool.

Archived