Premed 101 Forums

Uoft 2015 Acceptance/rejection/waitlist

I would call and ask them to be sure but when I called and asked a while back about if it is okay to change/drop courses that I had initially put on my application, the admissions lady said that was fine. As long as it isn't a prereq of course, but like I said I'd call to be sure.:)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, excited to meet those of you who got in (or are still waiting on it- best of luck!)

IP
3.86 (but it's complicated, I did a year of post secondary before uni, which didn't count toward my current bachelors. Didn't think they'd bother looking at the transcripts- the school was a small independent place on another continent. I sent them the transcripts for my year in the previous school, which had great marks that may have bumped my 3.86 to like a 3.92. Do you think this was the case?)

23AA/20PAT

Interview- not sure yet, will update tomorrow

3rd year student (plus an year at another place during gap year, didn't count toward my bachelors at UofT)

Accepted (accepted offer and turned in reply in person) 

IP

GPA: 3.9 

DAT: AA (23) RC (24) PAT (17) 

Interview: no idea, didn't call in

I thought I blew by the interview too fast (~ 10 mins) and felt like I hadn't covered the competencies too well, 

I literally just answered how I would naturally react to the given scenario as I was too nervous to even think about what competency to address.

However, I did make both my interviewers laugh out loud with one of my stories so maybe that had a positive impact  :)

Already graduated undergrad, (no masters)

extremely grateful to be a part of UofT dent! 

Result: Accepted (and accepted offer)

OOP

GPA: Undergrad 3.78 then went onto do a MSc where GPA was 3.9 

DAT: AA (24), RC(24), PAT can't remember sorry

Interview: No idea didn't call in. 

Graduated undergrad with a BScH and was accepted with revisions for my MSc (currently finishing revisions!)

I'm super excited to be a part of UofT dent

Anyone got accepted to U of T and not bothering to show up for their Western interview? Just wondering if this is a common occurrence since U of T tends to release their acceptances before Western even has their interviews.

I got into U of T, accepted the offer, and then wrote Western thanking them for their invitation to interview but that I had decided to accept UofT's offer and will not be attending Western's interview

So apparently...

gpa: 3.91 (before dropping a year- actual gpa is 3.86)

I'm a third year student but I've done 4 years of undergrad

DAT- 23AA/20PAT

Interview- below avg

Hey guys, excited to meet those of you who got in (or are still waiting on it- best of luck!)

IP
3.86 (but it's complicated, I did a year of post secondary before uni, which didn't count toward my current bachelors. Didn't think they'd bother looking at the transcripts- the school was a small independent place on another continent. I sent them the transcripts for my year in the previous school, which had great marks that may have bumped my 3.86 to like a 3.92. Do you think this was the case?)

23AA/20PAT

Interview- not sure yet, will update tomorrow

3rd year student (plus an year at another place during gap year, didn't count toward my bachelors at UofT)

I also applied as a grad student and I know there are separate spots for applicants who applied with an undergrad degree vs those who applied with a grad degree... not sure how that affects province vs out of province spots... 

Hm... I wasn't aware of that, but it could very well be the case, since many people with slightly lower scores but with a graduate degree have been accepted, so grad school worked out! I wonder if dental specializations in Canada would take preference for people with graduate or at least bachelor's degrees, I read that some US schools require it, but since I'm finishing up third year, I have neither... 

When UofT publishes their admissions stats is the average GPA an average of everyone's GPA without dropping their worst year or do they report it as the average GPA already excluding each individual's worst year when applicable?

I would imagine it's whatever they used to rank the applicants, meaning excluding the lowest year's GPA

Can an upper year student shed some light on costs. The website says tuition is  $33, 910.00 for domestic students plus $1,184.44 for incidental fees with an additional fee of $8, 007.00 for Dental instruments and optional service fees. 

The grand total is $43,171.44 (plus books)

Does that total remain constant each year? Is the $8,000 for dental instruments a 1 time fee?

• 1 month later...

I haven't recieved the package and they said late May. I am not very happy with them atm...
I got my student number through email but no password associated with it either.

And my decision is still pending between U of T and Uwo... (paid both deposits, although no confirmation from Uwo :S)

Archived