Premed 101 Forums

Next Steps After Omsas Processing?

Hi everyone, I'm wondering what the next steps are for us after we accept our offer via OMSAS and we submit the deposit (And the other checklist stuff). Does Western contact us at some point? Do we have to send our transcripts to only OMSAS (ie not too western admissions)? Sorry if this is premature, just excited/a bit paranoid :P thanks!

Also, do they let you know when they recieve your deposit?

Don't take my word on it but I think final transcripts only need to be sent to OMSAS (I saw this in another school's thread).

Also, just wondering, did you mail your deposit to Western? I'm on the waitlist so THIS is premature but I hope to get in and when I do I just want everything to run smoothly.

On 5/25/2015 at 10:14 AM, ShadowStar said:

Don't take my word on it but I think final transcripts only need to be sent to OMSAS (I saw this in another school's thread).

Also, just wondering, did you mail your deposit to Western? I'm on the waitlist so THIS is premature but I hope to get in and when I do I just want everything to run smoothly.

I haven't yet but I am plannin

I haven't yet but I am planning on mailing it, I'm in montreal for the summer and my parents live an hour and a half away from Western. If there was a e-transfer option I would be good for that though!

Oh yes I was hoping there would be an e-transfer option too - let me know if there is! Otherwise, yeah I'd probably mail a cheque.

According to the letter it's cheque, money order or bank draft payable to The University of Western Ontario but you might be able to call in and see if they accept some sort of e-payment. In terms of next steps, I think it's just the stuff on the checklist like gathering your vaccination records, police check, CPR, etc. Other things not on the list would be finding a place to live and figuring out finances, ie LoC, scholarships, bursaries.

Oh and figure something nice to reward yourself with, perhaps choose somewhere to go for a vacation before returning to school haha.

• 2 weeks later...

In the police record check letter, it said "Police Services suggest that applicants request two original copies – one for submission to the School and one to keep for their own records". Has anyone actually requested 2 copies from their local police? Is it really necessary to get 2 original copies ( can we just make a photocopy instead?)

Thanks"

In the police record check letter, it said "Police Services suggest that applicants request two original copies – one for submission to the School and one to keep for their own records". Has anyone actually requested 2 copies from their local police? Is it really necessary to get 2 original copies ( can we just make a photocopy instead?)

Thanks"

I only got one copy, and probably will end up spending an extra $25 in the future when I need another one. Oh no.

I got an extra copy. It's $5 for an extra copy (in Peel region at least), not the full price for another one so I thought why not.

Did the same :) Also, the school suggests getting the other copy in case you want to do some placements (or if they want to check), it's good to have an original copy.

Archived