Premed 101 Forums

Carms 2016- 2Nd Iteration

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else wish we didn't have to wait another 16 days for match day? :(

yeah - they really shouldn't have to have it wait that long. I get the need to have reserve time to be careful but still. Basically the computer algorithm will run extremely quickly - they have the answer almost immediately.

Good luck everyone. Def an extremely stressful process. Can everyone share how many IVs each had. Also is second iteration a lot more competitive than first? I had 2 ivs only. One from manitoba fam and one from ottawa fam. Im just wondering as to what my chances are. 

I applied to 8 schools and got 6 interviews in family medicine. 2 locations that are rural in which I dont really want to live

On the plus side, it's family so it's only 2 years. That's not that long to tough out. You'll be busy enough in residency that it'll keep you distracted too.

On the plus side, it's family so it's only 2 years. That's not that long to tough out. You'll be busy enough in residency that it'll keep you distracted too.

I have to say that is completely true - all my family medicine friends said you basically blink and the first year is gone - a lot of call and off service stuff with you bouncing around a lot between services etc. Then before you know it is full exam preparation mode. Then you are done.

Not long at all.

The exam year goes incredibly quick. At least that's what I have found so far. I'm not in family, but I imagine it's the same for everyone.

agreed. it flies by until the exam... then the weeks between the exam and exam results are the slowest ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I did not match..which is disappointing... Anyone know how it is to match in the post match process ... Programs who have left over spots do they still try to fill?

Start making cold calls to programs and see what they can offer you - your best bet is the your home school and some of the bigger/more flexible programs (ie: family); talk to anyone you can if you're still serious about matching this year. If not, start making plans for next year.

Archived